Their third album but the first to have all tracks written by the band themselves and the one that first really showcased their song writing abilities. It also introduced the distinctive jangle sound of Harrison's new 12 string Rickenbacker guitar along with "that" opening chord on the title track.

The film also still stands up as one of the best ever pop star/ group movies -better than the more muddled, if colourful, Help! and certainly far better than the movie vehicles that the Colonel shoe-horned Elvis into or Summer Holiday from around the same period.

I know some don't like the Beatles and as a fan of most of their output I may be biased, but whilst I certainly wouldn't argue that everything they did was great, I genuinely find it hard to see how anyone cannot at least appreciate some of their work or can deny their influence on popular music. There have been many great bands since but IMHO none have matched The Beatles (with the help of George Martin of course) for the sheer breadth and inventiveness they managed over such a comparatively short period.

As a young child in the Sixties, I was only 3 when this album was released but I clearly remember their music as I grew up. 60 years ago though Soulman-we all seem to be getting old!😞