+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Whilst we are resetting…..

Do we really need a song?

Someone is right, it’s nothing to bother about. But, a lot to do with the introduction was to cringingly try to mask what was going off, like the LR coming out and pointedly clapping.

It’s the timing, it’s amateurishly way of going about it. The spirit isn’t there for it….that’s the problem.

Talking of all the past songs, mighty quinn, work together, I don’t recall anyone singing those?

So, trying to get singing going….that’s where anything falls down (at the mo)

Why don’t they just stick to what they did. It worked.

You want a come on roar before kick off….not a badly timed, damp sqib sing song. Esp not a misplaced “till I die” song.

So, the club acknowledge the vote went wrong? Good, the chairman can veto it, and U turn….should come easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Millmoordays View Post
    Do we really need a song?

Someone is right, it’s nothing to bother about. But, a lot to do with the introduction was to cringingly try to mask what was going off, like the LR coming out and pointedly clapping.

It’s the timing, it’s amateurishly way of going about it. The spirit isn’t there for it….that’s the problem.

Talking of all the past songs, mighty quinn, work together, I don’t recall anyone singing those?

So, trying to get singing going….that’s where anything falls down (at the mo)

Why don’t they just stick to what they did. It worked.

You want a come on roar before kick off….not a badly timed, damp sqib sing song. Esp not a misplaced “till I die” song.

So, the club acknowledge the vote went wrong? Good, the chairman can veto it, and U turn….should come easy.
    No we don"t need a song and you're right, nobody sang along to the different run out music choices we had at Millmoor. They were just that, run out music.
    Like you, I hope TS or whoever decides these things, gets rid of the embarrassing Bachelor Boy.

The continued chanting of tragedy songs says more about the people who chant them than the folk chanted at.

I don't agree that it doesn't matter. It's the entertainment business and this is the part of the package. This isn't a neutral thing, it is cringeingly toe-curlingly awful to the extent that I reckon the away fans are embrarrassed for us. Hate to say it, but go to Hillsborough or Bramall Lane and they've got something going on. I'd far rather have nothing than this.

Just realised that Cliff will be getting paid every time we play it as well. He'll only spend the money on another s##t jacket or some Tofu. This has to stop!

Unless there's some legal reason behind it I can't see why we don't use Millermen, a decent song written for us about us. Let the other clubs associate themselves with 'pop' songs.

Quote Originally Posted by Lasterman View Post
    I don't agree that it doesn't matter. It's the entertainment business and this is the part of the package. This isn't a neutral thing, it is cringeingly toe-curlingly awful to the extent that I reckon the away fans are embrarrassed for us. Hate to say it, but go to Hillsborough or Bramall Lane and they've got something going on. I'd far rather have nothing than this.

Just realised that Cliff will be getting paid every time we play it as well. He'll only spend the money on another s##t jacket or some Tofu. This has to stop!
    Song was written by two of The Shadows so not sure where the royalties go.

Anyhow, there was nothing wrong with New York, New York

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    Anyhow, there was nothing wrong with New York, New York
    Aside from the geography. That being said, NYNY made me cringe about the same as the Harry Webb nonsense, so maybe I'm just destined to finish my last pint at 3.01 every week.

Quote Originally Posted by UlleyMiller View Post
    Aside from the geography. That being said, NYNY made me cringe about the same as the Harry Webb nonsense, so maybe I'm just destined to finish my last pint at 3.01 every week.
    What’s wrong with the geography?

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    What’s wrong with the geography?
    . Nothing wrong with the geography , you are quite right.

Maybe if he asks Google.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast