+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Whilst we are resetting…..

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    It’s a song that I sung home and away when I was a pup . Fans did have a chance to vote. Wasn’t cliff Richard innocent of any charges.

The vote was skewed.i have mentioned this to the club.and it was recognised.

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    In what way was it skewed? Genuine question by the way.

Quote Originally Posted by clarkey1974 View Post
    Not the only things that’s skewed then…..

Do we really need a song?

Someone is right, it’s nothing to bother about. But, a lot to do with the introduction was to cringingly try to mask what was going off, like the LR coming out and pointedly clapping.

It’s the timing, it’s amateurishly way of going about it. The spirit isn’t there for it….that’s the problem.

Talking of all the past songs, mighty quinn, work together, I don’t recall anyone singing those?

So, trying to get singing going….that’s where anything falls down (at the mo)

Why don’t they just stick to what they did. It worked.

You want a come on roar before kick off….not a badly timed, damp sqib sing song. Esp not a misplaced “till I die” song.

So, the club acknowledge the vote went wrong? Good, the chairman can veto it, and U turn….should come easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Stovicmiller View Post
    Wasn’t cliff Richard innocent of any charges.
    No. He wasn't pursued further. Only he (and any others involved, if applicable) will know if he's innocent.

99% of the town had no idea about the 1,400 victims, but in the tribal world of football it doesn't really matter. CR may be a saint, and none of us knew about the abuse, but opposing fans will still chant their tragedy songs.

Quote Originally Posted by UlleyMiller View Post
    No. He wasn't pursued further. Only he (and any others involved, if applicable) will know if he's innocent.

99% of the town had no idea about the 1,400 victims, but in the tribal world of football it doesn't really matter. CR may be a saint, and none of us knew about the abuse, but opposing fans will still chant their tragedy songs.
    That means he must be presumed innocent!

I agree what you say about the connotations though and it does sound a bit naff.

Quote Originally Posted by Shark27 View Post
    That means he must be presumed innocent!

I agree what you say about the connotations though and it does sound a bit naff.
    Technically he was never arrested or charged, so the presumption of innocence doesn't apply - that's just a status afforded to anyone accused of something. Innocence outside of a legal framework is different, and I doubt we'll ever know. He's a weird f***er, whatever else he may or may not be.

And yeah, it's a tragic song... if it had been played for years, fair enough (many clubs do that) but forcing that on us all just makes me want to take my seat after kick-off. Maybe a good ploy to sell more beer!

Quote Originally Posted by UlleyMiller View Post

...and the other 1% ignored it...........