+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: FA Cup Replays

The FA and Premier League aren' overly concerned about British and Irish fans it's the worldwide audience where the most money is generated.

"As the world's oldest professional football club, and past winners of the FA Cup, we're very sad to see that English football is set to lose a part of its soul," League Two club Notts County said in a statement."
    From the BBC Sports page.
    EFL are also saying it was decided solely between the FA and Prem.

Stupidest decision. Lots of people care about the FA Cup and it can add such magic - especially for smaller clubs. It's the one time the rich and the poorer rub shoulders and it's down to 11 - 11 (plus I suppose millions and millions of pounds). Although it's been a long time since we had a run - when we do (and the same for any other club) it can be complete football magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Pietastic View Post
    Stupidest decision. Lots of people care about the FA Cup and it can add such magic - especially for smaller clubs. It's the one time the rich and the poorer rub shoulders and it's down to 11 - 11 (plus I suppose millions and millions of pounds). Although it's been a long time since we had a run - when we do (and the same for any other club) it can be complete football magic.
    That can still happen if you get to the 3rd/4th rounds though.

I have felt for years now cup games should finish on the day.

They could have replays I guess to 3rd round maybe even include that.

FA should think about offering lower league teams LG1 and below the choice of home/away game if you get Utd/Liverpool.

The prize money could be shared equally amongst teams in that round.

Move semi finals from Wembley and put the final back last game on Saturday with 3pm kick off like it used to be.

I say all that but the top level English football is ran by overseas investors now...its a matter of time before league cup final is overseas and within 10-15 years some PL games will be in Midde East & USA.

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    "As the world's oldest professional football club, and past winners of the FA Cup, we're very sad to see that English football is set to lose a part of its soul," League Two club Notts County said in a statement."
    From the BBC Sports page.
    EFL are also saying it was decided solely between the FA and Prem.
    I'm glad we've voiced our opposition, but the fake Luke Williams summarises why it's happened perfectly:

Manchester City boss Pep Guardiola agreed the changes are a "problem" for lower-division clubs, but said it was "much better" for teams playing in European competitions. "I understand why clubs in lower divisions complain and it has been a tradition for many years, but with the schedule that we have playing in European competition and with many players going to the national team, it is much better," Guardiola said.

In other words, f*ck the small clubs, it's all about us.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234