+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FA Cup

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    Who is actually running the game in this country ?
    Obviously the Premier League because the FA do exactly as they are told by the PL, who offer money towards grassroots etc. How much of this filters down is open to conjecture. However, what does filter down is put into youth and women's football. The problem then is that, when the youth are old enough to move into senior level there are fewer clubs because they pack in because they can't afford to carry on.
    Meanwhile the blazers and ties at the FA think that they are doing a great job and football is going down the pan at a rate of knots and lots of fans are becoming more and more disillusioned.
    SUpport your local non-league team, in the main, they will appreciate it.

Quote Originally Posted by Swissclaret View Post

Anyone recommend another sport to engage with? I am sick of it.
    Depends if you've any local teams Swiss, but I'd recommend Ice Hockey or Basketball in winter and Speedway in summer.

Quote Originally Posted by malwayne View Post
    Who is actually running the game in this country ?
    Seems like it's the PL and FA, the EFL clubs weren't even consulted on this decision, they had no say in it. We now have the bizarre decision taken by the FA and PL clubs that there will be no replays in Rounds 1 and 2 even though the PL clubs aren't involved in those rounds, they don't come into it before Round 3.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Seems like it's the PL and FA, the EFL clubs weren't even consulted on this decision, they had no say in it. We now have the bizarre decision taken by the FA and PL clubs that there will be no replays in Rounds 1 and 2 even though the PL clubs aren't involved in those rounds, they don't come into it before Round 3.
    There are far too many competitions, too many games, it seems sensible to me. Just low block for 120 minutes and win through on penalties.

Sounds like a recipe for disaster to me.

Do these eejits ever think anything through.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post

Do these eejits ever think anything through.
    The same eejits run Refereeing and VAR, what more do you need to know mon ami ?

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    The same eejits run Refereeing and VAR, what more do you need to know mon ami ?
    I was in my usual perch in the Jimmy Mc Upper on Saturday and in fairness I had issued a "Ref Alert" about the useless Hooper in my pre-match review.

I was directly behind the play, Hooper was right up with the play with a clear vision, the AR was perfectly placed to see Odobert getting chopped down in the box.

There was no announcement that the VAR equipment had failed, no announcement the referee's earpiece had broken or the pea in his whistle had got stuck.

Result: Nothing, no penalty, no vigouress flag wave, no VAR check. No nothing. The game is f*****d and no mistake.

The corruption is going on in plain sight and nothing is being done about. It's sickening.

It's an absolute disgrace that the FA and PL have done away with replays. How can they have the long- term interest of the game at heart?
    For me the game is getting less exciting as possession become the be all and end all. I was watching Arsenal/Bayern when Arsenal were losing 1-0 and had possession at midfield, 4 times the ball was passed from right to left and back across, no real challenge from Bayern why would they, they were winning. It was on a par with watching paint dry. I love football and can never pass a game in the park but the present set up FFP. VAR, big clubs setting the rules will destroy the game imo.

Philip Patrick in the Speccy has as good a description of our PL clubs as you're going to get,

"The ‘clubs’ are now simply corporate entities inhabiting the shells of what were once proud local institutions."

And you can include little 'ol Burnley in that as well.

I plagiarised this a bit but I'm sure you can get the gist: "Unchecked greed has destroyed the very soul of global football like a great cancer, metastasising throughout our once beautiful game".

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I plagiarised this a bit but I'm sure you can get the gist: "Unchecked greed has destroyed the very soul of global football like a great cancer, metastasising throughout our once beautiful game".
    Oh so true BT and as it has spread through the body of football it has brought foul corruption to everything it has touched.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)