+ Visit Carlisle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Doctors appointments..

Quote Originally Posted by howoldboy View Post
    You presumed wrong Chalky.

I am not "a supporter" of any political party. They all have their defects and sometimes it can be a case of selecting the best of a bad bunch.

I believe the country would be better off with a system of Proportional Representation and until that happens the best option we currently have to get rid of the government is to vote tactically.

I should have known that you take as much time and effort to cast your vote as you do in putting in your predictions in the comp,anyway we will never agree on this so I’m going to let you have the final word on the subject 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdogblue View Post
    Chalky can’t vote anyway, he has no photo ID as a man of mystery & legends.. a paper driving licence still, no need for a passport or a bus pass… 😎
    I’ve got a photo Id drivers license as I had a letter telling me that I was required to change it but that’s all I’ve got,no point in getting a passport if I don’t go abroad and I rarely take public transport,sitting next to somebody who might want a chat on a journey that lasts 30 minutes would be a nightmare senario for me,I’m not one for idle chit chat to someone who I’ve never met or their cat/dog/kids

Quote Originally Posted by Blackdogblue View Post
    Chalky can’t vote anyway, he has no photo ID as a man of mystery & legends.. a paper driving licence still, no need for a passport or a bus pass… 😎
    Hopefully things will change if he is successful with his asylum application.

I know he's too proud to ask for help.

Quote Originally Posted by chaincey.ncfc View Post
    I’ve got a photo Id drivers license as I had a letter telling me that I was required to change it but that’s all I’ve got,no point in getting a passport if I don’t go abroad and I rarely take public transport,sitting next to somebody who might want a chat on a journey that lasts 30 minutes would be a nightmare senario for me,I’m not one for idle chit chat to someone who I’ve never met or their cat/dog/kids
    The irony of that.

How many hours do you spend on message boards talking to people you've never met?

The irony of that.

How many hours do you spend on message boards talking to people you've never met?
    I don’t like meeting or talking to people that I don’t know,I don’t mind on forums as I’m not facing them and I never send a photo with me on it to anyone,my WhatsApp has coco on the profile picture and when I used Facebook regularly I never put up a photo of me on there either,I accidentally sent one to bdb instead of my sister but by the time he realised he had lost it

I get embarrassed that’s all,I get worried that people won’t like my looks or think that I’m a prat or something so I don’t get involved with people

Kel and bdb have both offered me tempting invites to meet up when I’ve visited Rochdale but I’ve refused their invites,I’ve been pretty much a loner in life and find it hard to mix with people and just happy in my own company,talking on forums isn’t as stressful because I can just log off at the click of a button

I don’t like meeting or talking to people that I don’t know,I don’t mind on forums as I’m not facing them and I never send a photo with me on it to anyone,my WhatsApp has coco on the profile picture and when I used Facebook regularly I never put up a photo of me on there either,I accidentally sent one to bdb instead of my sister but by the time he realised he had lost it

I get embarrassed that’s all,I get worried that people won’t like my looks or think that I’m a prat or something so I don’t get involved with people

Kel and bdb have both offered me tempting invites to meet up when I’ve visited Rochdale but I’ve refused their invites,I’ve been pretty much a loner in life and find it hard to mix with people and just happy in my own company,talking on forums isn’t as stressful because I can just log off at the click of a button
    Thanks for letting me know Chalky.

I suspect there are many people posting on message boards like this that appreciate the companionship it provides, with anonymity being an added bonus.

For me this was demonstrated on a couple of occasions recently on the other CUFC message board.

Earlier in the season the board raised funds to sponsor one of our players and as a result subsequently received two invites to Brunton Park for an end of season "meet and greet" session where the player being sponsored would be present. It was amazing how few of the people who had provided funds towards the sponsorship (including me) were interested in attending.

Similarly, a couple of months ago, boarders who were strongly of the opinion that Paul Simpson should be sacked as manager were invited to participate in a weekly podcast on BBC Cumbria. Although two posters (Mullen and Moonie) did take part, no others showed willing.

You may think you are a "loner" Chalky, but from where I'm sitting you are a top bloke and I suspect there are far more people in the world like you than you realise.

Thanks for letting me know Chalky.

I suspect there are many people posting on message boards like this that appreciate the companionship it provides, with anonymity being an added bonus.

You’ve pretty much hit the nail on the head there howoldboy,its companionship without having to go out and meet people,I’m very happy in my own company and it’s usually a problem for other people when I decline their offers to go for a pint or whatever,my niece is getting married next year and I’ve told her that I won’t be going as the thought of it horrified me and she just laughed and said that she knew I wouldn’t come
    Bdb is a great person to know and I speak to him a lot on WhatsApp but even he will tell you that sometimes I switch my phone off for weeks on end just to be in my own company,being on your own is a great mind cleanser

Thanks for the kind words though howoldboy,it was very nice of you

You’ve pretty much hit the nail on the head there howoldboy,its companionship without having to go out and meet people,I’m very happy in my own company and it’s usually a problem for other people when I decline their offers to go for a pint or whatever,my niece is getting married next year and I’ve told her that I won’t be going as the thought of it horrified me and she just laughed and said that she knew I wouldn’t come
    Bdb is a great person to know and I speak to him a lot on WhatsApp but even he will tell you that sometimes I switch my phone off for weeks on end just to be in my own company,being on your own is a great mind cleanser

Cheers Chalky.

Have a good weekend, hopefully starting with a winning BSTS bet tomorrow.

Filling up now 🥲…

It’s true, Chalky & I chat pretty much everyday on WhatsApp & occasionally on the phone. If I’m honest I probably chunner more with him than Mrs BDB.. he’s a great guy with a great sense of humour and a lot going on personally…

I have tried many times to coax him up here with a rich house / poor house type swap to experience my world of Beer, Takeaways & posh Italian meals.. I see Kel occasionally in the local as well.

I know where he lives.. long story but he has my word I would never just rock up at his front door..

When he goes walkabout a part of me misses the banter we have..

Also, he’s a great source of free beer 😎😀

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)