+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Removal of FA Cup Replays - Disgraceful

Removal of FA Cup Replays - Disgraceful

Prem and FA have come together and got rid of all replays in FA cup from next season.

Absolutely disgraceful as far as I'm concerned. Those replays are a life line for some clubs and those under-dog games to a replay are what makes the FA Cup the FA Cup.

The fact they didn't even consult the EFL makes it even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Prem and FA have come together and got rid of all replays in FA cup from next season.

Absolutely disgraceful as far as I'm concerned. Those replays are a life line for some clubs and those under-dog games to a replay are what makes the FA Cup the FA Cup.

The fact they didn't even consult the EFL makes it even worse.
    The cartel?

Well the official reason is because of all the European games and the way UEFA have changed things but yes, it is the cartel that generally benefit from Europe.

Disgraceful is absolutely the correct word, Jammy.

It's cheapened the Cup

Arseholes like Klopp, Thomas Frank and Arteta come to this league knowing what the deal is regarding the cups then whinge to high heaven until it's changed.

the fact that EFL clubs weren't consulted is an absolute travesty. Would be fantastic if they all refused to take part.

Every team in England should’ve been consulted. They all enter it, even non league teams.

I wonder how many replays those “busy teams” had in past 5 years?
    Busy schedule is just a silly excuse, they want to free game windows and pack it with money tours to UAE and US for “Exhibition games”

I wonder what their excuse is for implementing it before the third round when any of their darlings haven't even had a game up to then.

Quote Originally Posted by Marat18 View Post
    Busy schedule is just a silly excuse, they want to free game windows and pack it with money tours to UAE and US for “Exhibition games”
    Absolutely agreed.

I'm loving that EFL have come out fighting and directly contradicting the FA account, saying they weren't consulted or there when it was discussed at the meeting.

Hopefully this is the tipping point whereby the cartel are put in their place.

Quote Originally Posted by Marat18 View Post
    Not sure that’s right… yours etc happen outside of the season, the replays are crammed into the season.

As a club who suffered with extra games I’m honestly not bothered at all by the decision.

Originally there were replays till a winner was found, but then extra time and penalties were introduced.

All I see is a lot of teams worried they might is out on the extra cash of a return trip to a Prem team and half the gate receipts.

I know people will disagree, but a replay would have to be decided with extra time, and pens if needed, so what’s the big deal?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)