+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Macca and Jodi

Macca and Jodi

This may well be the last time we see Macca and Jodi at home.
    Let’s give them a good send off.
    Will be interesting to see how they react after the final whistle.
    Thank you both. Tremendous players.

Seems a bit dramatic. It's important to remember that we're in the driving seat here. They are both under contract, and we aren't under pressure to accept bids to ease our finances. So the only reason we'll sell is if someone makes an offer that's too good to refuse. In which case, we'll have a far bigger budget to build a solid, promotion-worthy squad.

There are benefits and drawbacks to both keeping them and selling them, but I trust the bros to pick the option that will serve the club better over the long run.

For what it's worth, I think they'll both be here next season.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Wrexham or Stockport come in for Jodi Jones - and there’s always the possibility of Swansea coming in for him, given the LW connection.

I’d be surprised if Macca goes as I just don’t think his all-round game - but especially with his back to goal - is good enough for the Championship, and few L1 clubs will be able to match whatever the owners want for him.

Still, if we get the right bid for one or both of them and it allows us to strengthen elsewhere, it would make sense to cash in - especially if Jodi doesn’t agree to a contract extension this summer.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post
    I wouldn’t be surprised if Wrexham or Stockport come in for Jodi Jones - and there’s always the possibility of Swansea coming in for him, given the LW connection.

I’d be surprised if Macca goes as I just don’t think his all-round game - but especially with his back to goal - is good enough for the Championship, and few L1 clubs will be able to match whatever the owners want for him.

Still, if we get the right bid for one or both of them and it allows us to strengthen elsewhere, it would make sense to cash in - especially if Jodi doesn’t agree to a contract extension this summer.
    They can come in all they want, but we'll only sell for an amount that makes it worth losing someone of that calibre. I don't think Stockport would be willing to bid that high. Wrexham probably would - they splashed £300k on Ollie Palmer, so three times that for the best player in L2 is completely believable. Still not sure he suits their system or style of play though.

I agree about Macca. Great goal-scorer, but I don't think he has enough on top of that to make a massive jump up. Only a couple of L1 clubs could afford him, and they'd probably find better value elsewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by nw6pie View Post

He can't see Jodi fitting in either of their systems though so would soon find himself on the bench. Plus he's got a new born so moving that far from home wouldn't suit for at least another year to the end of his contract at Notts.

Macca as said the long contract we have on him would demand a high price so that will rule out L1 clubs and is he Championship level? Maybe.

Whilst I would prefer both to be here next season, the one I would not want to lose is Jones. Apart from being a shear joy to watch, he is the most effective player we have. I think his assists sit at around 24 whilst Nemane, despite his recent improvement has about 4 assists for the season from a corresponding role.

Quote Originally Posted by Togtastic View Post
    Whilst I would prefer both to be here next season, the one I would not want to lose is Jones. Apart from being a shear joy to watch, he is the most effective player we have. I think his assists sit at around 24 whilst Nemane, despite his recent improvement has about 4 assists for the season from a corresponding role.
    I'd love for him to be with us next season, but he's out of contract next summer and would almost certainly leave us on a free if we don't go up. It's hard to know what's best for the club - cash in now and reinvest or keep for a season and risk losing on a free. Obviously I wish he'd just stay forever.

If they wave does that mean they’re definitely going?

If we receive a really good offer for Jodi I’d be inclined to let him go. In the last year of his contract and if we’re going to carry on playing with wingbacks we need someone in that position who’s better at defending.

I don’t reckon we’ll get an offer for Macca that’s good enough to sell. And he’s got years left on his contract as well so no need.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    If they wave does that mean they’re definitely going?

If we receive a really good offer for Jodi I’d be inclined to let him go. In the last year of his contract and if we’re going to carry on playing with wingbacks we need someone in that position who’s better at defending.

I don’t reckon we’ll get an offer for Macca that’s good enough to sell. And he’s got years left on his contract as well so no need.
    That's pretty much my thinking too.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    I'd love for him to be with us next season, but he's out of contract next summer and would almost certainly leave us on a free if we don't go up. It's hard to know what's best for the club - cash in now and reinvest or keep for a season and risk losing on a free. Obviously I wish he'd just stay forever.
    I guess as we got him on a free and he leaves on a free then there's been no lose other than the time and effort spend getting him 100% fit again.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast