+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts--Blackpool-v-Barnsley

Not seen the game but it was the usual pattern conceding in no time.

Substitutions questionable from a non observer point of view.
    OFF
    2 x wing backs
    1 centre mid
    1 striker (top scorer)

ON
    3 x striker
    1 wing back

What formation did we adopt after those changes? Or did we just chase the game at 3-0 down?

Despite being dealt a bum hand by the owners, I can’t take to this manager at all. I don’t think he has progressed at all during the season. Still playing the same ineffective tactics and getting found out. So much for his 90 point ambition.

Quote Originally Posted by EthelRed View Post
    Not seen the game but it was the usual pattern conceding in no time.

Substitutions questionable from a non observer point of view.
    OFF
    2 x wing backs
    1 centre mid
    1 striker (top scorer)

ON
    3 x striker
    1 wing back

What formation did we adopt after those changes? Or did we just chase the game at 3-0 down?

Despite being dealt a bum hand by the owners, I can’t take to this manager at all. I don’t think he has progressed at all during the season. Still playing the same ineffective tactics and getting found out. So much for his 90 point ambition.
    All very good points Ethel which can't really be argued against .

I'd go further personally and add what we've seen this season is a total lack of respect for the league we are in .

They thought they could repeat or even go better this time with such a lack of ambition in recruitment , they thought too that a successful HC in the second tier of US football would also suffice .

The total lack of respect ties in with the absolute arrogance of those in charge of this club which they've displayed at fans forums .

The loyal fans who purchase ST's have been served up total rubbish at Oakwell this season as a consequence .

Put it this way the recruitment is either arrogance or incompetence , there are no other alternatives in my opinion .

What ever happens next is huge , if by some miracle we end up winning the play offs they've then got to make us at least reasonably competitive in the championship , reasonably competitive would be relegated but with at least fourty odd points accumulated .

Remaining in league one either by not winning the play offs or not competing in them at all is also a red flag moment .

With Williams , Kane , Cadden and Cole all leaving for nowt and John Mac and Roberts also departing when their loan deals expire we've at least got to replace them with like for like ability .

Another summer of the standard of last year with regard to recruitment coupled with the players who will remain spells catastrophe in my opinion .

The fans need lifting and that can only be done with some real intent shown in the transfer market and an ambitious strategy .

You can feel the decline running through the club and if something doesn't change and sharpish next season in league one could be a real struggle .

There will be no lifting. There was no “lifting” after the loss to Wednesday. Our board just “chugged along”… No “spark”…no “inspired signing”
    I will say that apart from the out of contract signings,…… Phillips, Connell and Jalo will walk this summer.
    Very disappointed tonight. But……”We go again” …… (next year) ….

On paper it is still in our own hands to reach the Play Offs.

On paper Oxford. Lincoln and Blackpool would prefer to be in our position.

On paper we have the "easiest" of the fixtures--at home to a team who have nothing at stake.

What could go wrong ?

All I hope is that lifelong fans do not get bombarded by the club media with crass messages to "Get Behind the Reds", "You are the 12th Man", "Make Oakwell Red", "Wave your Scarf and/or Flag" etc and the present owners telling us how big the game is and to "Always be a Red".
    Last edited by SBRed48; 21-04-2024 at 06:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

I'd go further personally and add what we've seen this season is a total lack of respect for the league we are in .

They thought they could repeat or even go better this time with such a lack of ambition in recruitment , they thought too that a successful HC in the second tier of US football would also suffice .

The total lack of respect ties in with the absolute arrogance of those in charge of this club which they've displayed at fans forums .

The loyal fans who purchase ST's have been served up total rubbish at Oakwell this season as a consequence .

Put it this way the recruitment is either arrogance or incompetence , there are no other alternatives in my opinion .

What ever happens next is huge , if by some miracle we end up winning the play offs they've then got to make us at least reasonably competitive in the championship , reasonably competitive would be relegated but with at least fourty odd points accumulated .

Remaining in league one either by not winning the play offs or not competing in them at all is also a red flag moment .

With Williams , Kane , Cadden and Cole all leaving for nowt and John Mac and Roberts also departing when their loan deals expire we've at least got to replace them with like for like ability .

Another summer of the standard of last year with regard to recruitment coupled with the players who will remain spells catastrophe in my opinion .

The fans need lifting and that can only be done with some real intent shown in the transfer market and an ambitious strategy .

You can feel the decline running through the club and if something doesn't change and sharpish next season in league one could be a real struggle .
    This collective of owners have shown disrespect to the supporters, the townsfolk, the history of BFC and the sport since their arrival 4 or so years ago. We may now have a different majority shareholder who you may argue is more well meaning than his predecessor but the consortium remains roughly the same in personnel terms and we will go nowhere whilst their is a boardroom rift. There appears to be an ongoing funding problem hence the emergency share issues and I cant see any prospect of investment from our owners whilst the rift amongst them continues.

Simply put, the club is like a hamster on a treadmill, plodding along at the same pace and going nowhere, a bit like the tactical approach on the field actually.

The decline is evident, the team have over achieved somehow and have obtained a false league position. As previously pointed out some of our better performers will be leaving and will be difficult to replace without capital investment and that doesnt factor in the need to completely overhaul the defence.

A difficult summer ahead for our spreadsheeters to overcome as you say.

Correct Eths.

There is, as always, a big difference between "investment" to recruit and retain players/ build the club infrastructure and the ongoing plugging of deficits by profits on player trading and share issues (money that can be recovered by the owners by later selling the shares).

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post

This collective of owners have shown disrespect to the supporters, the townsfolk, the history of BFC and the sport since their arrival 4 or so years ago. We may now have a different majority shareholder who you may argue is more well meaning than his predecessor but the consortium remains roughly the same in personnel terms and we will go nowhere whilst their is a boardroom rift. There appears to be an ongoing funding problem hence the emergency share issues and I cant see any prospect of investment from our owners whilst the rift amongst them continues.

Simply put, the club is like a hamster on a treadmill, plodding along at the same pace and going nowhere, a bit like the tactical approach on the field actually.

The decline is evident, the team have over achieved somehow and have obtained a false league position. As previously pointed out some of our better performers will be leaving and will be difficult to replace without capital investment and that doesnt factor in the need to completely overhaul the defence.

A difficult summer ahead for our spreadsheeters to overcome as you say.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123