+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Steve Evans' first interview - "Once a Miller..."

15 minute media interview with Steve, Tony and Paul is on the Millers website.

https://www.themillers.co.uk/news/20...edia-19.04.24/

He's managed it again! This thread is about Evans' interview NOT bloody dugouts.
    Have you ever thought of becoming a politician? I've head the Stuck Record Party are looking for a leader.

Quote Originally Posted by Steve Miller View Post
    He's managed it again! This thread is about Evans' interview NOT bloody dugouts.
    Have you ever thought of becoming a politician? I've head the Stuck Record Party are looking for a leader.
    Very engaging interview - his enthusiasm and passion for the game and this club are infectious - really hope things go well for his sake as well as ours.

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    The other thing is that our manager will be nearer to our subs when they are warming up. Instead of needing a runner to get them ready.
    Maybe it's because Evans can't run as far as he did at Wembley to the home fans.

Hmm, not too sure what to make of this comment by SE:
    "We've spoken to five or six - maybe more - of the senior boys already. From what they thought to what they now understand after the last couple of days ... I think a lot of them are going to end up wanting to stay here.”

F8ck me,can we shut up about the effing dug outs already....Jeez.
    Welcome back Steve and Paul,wasn`t sure it was a good idea having them back,but I`d forgot how good a communicator he is,and I know he`s saying what we all want hear,but I think he means it,hopefully we will get our identity back.
    UTM.

Here's another interesting point made by Steve Evans re. 'other' clubs locally -

https://twitter.com/The_RUFC/status/1781367533569749434

Paul Rayner impressed me 1st time I've heard him speak. He's a good foil for SE.

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    15 minute media interview with Steve, Tony and Paul is on the Millers website.

https://www.themillers.co.uk/news/20...edia-19.04.24/
    Thanks for this pal. I've now seen the whole video and it's clear to see Evo is not just here for the money. It's blatantly obvious both he and Raynor have unfinished business and good luck to them both.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Thanks for this pal. I've now seen the whole video and it's clear to see Evo is not just here for the money. It's blatantly obvious both he and Raynor have unfinished business and good luck to them both.
    I don’t think it’s going to be dull that’s for sure, Brin.

What struck me in this session was the thought that, as much as anything, Steve Evans gets results because of the partnership with Paul Raynor.

Together they are greater than the sum of the parts.

I wouldn’t necessarily put them in the same league, but similar to Brian Clough and Peter Taylor.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast