+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Steve Evans' first interview - "Once a Miller..."

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Thanks for this pal. I've now seen the whole video and it's clear to see Evo is not just here for the money. It's blatantly obvious both he and Raynor have unfinished business and good luck to them both.
    I don’t think it’s going to be dull that’s for sure, Brin.

What struck me in this session was the thought that, as much as anything, Steve Evans gets results because of the partnership with Paul Raynor.

Together they are greater than the sum of the parts.

I wouldn’t necessarily put them in the same league, but similar to Brian Clough and Peter Taylor.

You can totally see the logic of this appointment through the interview alone. It's OK having long term plans but if the heart and soul of a club has gone then you can have as many plans as you want,there won't be a club to act them out on. Of course promotion is not certain but for the moment things feel brighter again and actually proves how negative and depressing the club had become.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    Hmm, not too sure what to make of this comment by SE:
    "We've spoken to five or six - maybe more - of the senior boys already. From what they thought to what they now understand after the last couple of days ... I think a lot of them are going to end up wanting to stay here.”
    You are too mellow….mellow. We all want some excitement now, some attacking football, etc. and no doubt SE will try (his way).

But what you should (we) be making of the message, because we are being told……that we have a large section of ‘senior’ players, the same ones who are ‘injured’, whatever. And we have to keep “one or two”.
    Evans thinks he can rule any player, dressing room. Most players wouldn’t pick a squabble with him.
    We have some of these for now who can’t or won’t be moved on, so in he comes to ‘rule the roost’…….

There is going to be a lot of smoke blown….don’t inhale any.

Quote Originally Posted by great_fire View Post
    The lino on the West side goes up and down between the halfway line and the corner of the away end, right in front of our dugout, now to be the away dugout again. The other lino is on the East side well away from either manager.

Dug outs……you’ve all missed the SE effect….the point is, well two actually, he wants to be near the north stand to massage the ego.
    But, as for officials, it isn’t the linos at all……the ref runs a diagonal of sorts in a game, he will be over that quarter of the pitch at times because of no lino on his side. He can say more, or be closer to the ref. Simple.

Evans mellowed? My artichoke.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Optimist View Post
    Here's another interesting point made by Steve Evans re. 'other' clubs locally -

https://twitter.com/The_RUFC/status/1781367533569749434
    Blowing smoke……the ego PR has gone into overdrive on day two. But, i’m sure he is right….Parkgate wouldn’t be a good choice of club.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    What's wrong with Managers sitting in the dugout at the end their team are attacking then swapping at half time?

That way they can keep up the instructions to their midfield and forward line more often. Simple I know, but it would work when you think about it.
    Apologies, but quite balmy. Not you, the idea. Farce and we have enough of that already.

Quote Originally Posted by fc_miller View Post
    Now to get them both moved closer to the half way line
    Actually, that’s right. At millmoor and clubs of old, they were closer to halfway. The way the west stand is built may have something to do with why they are such a distance.

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Erased View Post
    I used to sit very close to the "Home dug out".

I heard:

"How much is your Mrs Paul?"

"Whys your kid in the academy, he's s*** like you"

"Does Wiles c*** tatse good? Is that why he's playing?"

All from the same supporter when we're 2-0 up at home.
    Why did you not report it? And or, why was something not done?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimmy Badfellow View Post
    You can totally see the logic of this appointment through the interview alone. It's OK having long term plans but if the heart and soul of a club has gone then you can have as many plans as you want,there won't be a club to act them out on. Of course promotion is not certain but for the moment things feel brighter again and actually proves how negative and depressing the club had become.
    Well, I wouldn’t call it logic, logic assumes logical. But it’s typical. Drive and passion, without understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Millmoordays View Post
    Well, I wouldn’t call it logic, logic assumes logical. But it’s typical. Drive and passion, without understanding.
    What is wrong with you?
    Every post you comment on with a negative take on it.
    Ok you don’t like Evans but ffs you are worse than guru give it a rest.
    If it upsets you that much I would recommend you seek help or give it a break.
    It’s not that deep is it really.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast