+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 📅Pre-Match Build-Up Thread: Colchester United (H) 20.04.24 [EFL L2]

📅Pre-Match Build-Up Thread: Colchester United (H) 20.04.24 [EFL L2]

Sounds like Jodi could well still be here next season

According to Richard Montague it appears that we might see something of Lucien Mahovo in the last 2 matches. He said as much in the Magpie Circle production on Monday.
    Now I don’t mind this and think it will be a good idea if it happens. The club (Montague) would obviously like to see how he is developing with a view to our recruitment needs next season.
    The question is, who is picking the team?
    If SM wants to see him perform then OK.
    But head of recruitment?

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    According to Richard Montague it appears that we might see something of Lucien Mahovo in the last 2 matches. He said as much in the Magpie Circle production on Monday.
    Now I don’t mind this and think it will be a good idea if it happens. The club (Montague) would obviously like to see how he is developing with a view to our recruitment needs next season.
    The question is, who is picking the team?
    If SM wants to see him perform then OK.
    But head of recruitment?
    Now is the time to try these lads. We have nothing to play for, so what's to lose. The club has spent a lot of money developing these guys, so they would expect to see some return on their investment..

Am I the only one that can't bear to listen to Maynard's **** any more? We've been thrashed at home. Accept that something is desperately wrong, and the evidence is that it's you.

I see Colchester have Notts-born centre back Riley Harbottle in their squad (on loan from Hibs). He's not played as much this season as he did last for Stags, but he's the kind of no-nonsense CB I'd quite like to see us sign.

Also the nephew of Mark Harbottle who came up through our youth team in the late 80s.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    I see Colchester have Notts-born centre back Riley Harbottle in their squad (on loan from Hibs). He's not played as much this season as he did last for Stags, but he's the kind of no-nonsense CB I'd quite like to see us sign.

Also the nephew of Mark Harbottle who came up through our youth team in the late 80s.
    Unless he can playit out from the back as well he'll be no use to Notts.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodypie View Post
    Am I the only one that can't bear to listen to Maynard's **** any more? We've been thrashed at home. Accept that something is desperately wrong, and the evidence is that it's you.
    Look, he's in the building now, with his management team, so you'll have to live with it. And as for changing the formation to improve our play when we were 3 goals down, well, he just didn't think about having that formation to start with, but look, we, as a team, are learning and the players have to take group responsibility.

But other than that you are right.

PS Is there a handbook of football management speak? I'm sure I've not quite got the hang of it, you know:
    Goals change games
    Game of two halves
    Collective

Perhaps worthy of a new fred.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Look, he's in the building now, with his management team, so you'll have to live with it. And as for changing the formation to improve our play when we were 3 goals down, well, he just didn't think about having that formation to start with, but look, we, as a team, are learning and the players have to take group responsibility.

But other than that you are right.

PS Is there a handbook of football management speak? I'm sure I've not quite got the hang of it, you know:
    Goals change games
    Game of two halves
    Collective

Perhaps worthy of a new fred.
    To me, he speaks like a Union shop steward in a factory (or perhaps at BT)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast