+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Youth and Scouting - not using our advantage

Quote Originally Posted by Andingle01 View Post
    He is correct , I've never liked the fella since I saw him at the bus stop throwing stones at passing motorists.
    I am a nasty abusive individual who is genuinely jealous of his Cape crusading Greatness ��
    Not sure if you are aware Andingle01 but we only have one moderator on here and that's me. We don't do bans or any of that nonsense. This one however is directed squarely at you, please play nicely. Please?

He just gets a bit of getting used to does sinkov , I've been trying for about 20 years and only just got the hang of it.

No abuse at fellow posters please?

My feeling about this is that unless you are already well known in the business BFC will show no interest in your opinions. Why should they, you are the unknown amateur and they are the pros. I once wrote a very polite and respectful letter to SD about an 18yr old I had seen playing
    for Girona who I thought might help BFC and who did become the now well known Pedro Porru. Of course he was unknown to me but not to the big clubs as SD was probably aware so you don't receive a reply because SD had more important things to do than respond to every supporter who thinks he knows something about football. So unless BFC give you some sort of go ahead it's probably better to save your pen and paper. The possibility of some personal satisfaction is always there though

Quote Originally Posted by mnrht View Post
    My feeling about this is that unless you are already well known in the business BFC will show no interest in your opinions. Why should they, you are the unknown amateur and they are the pros. I once wrote a very polite and respectful letter to SD about an 18yr old I had seen playing
    for Girona who I thought might help BFC and who did become the now well known Pedro Porru. Of course he was unknown to me but not to the big clubs as SD was probably aware so you don't receive a reply because SD had more important things to do than respond to every supporter who thinks he knows something about football. So unless BFC give you some sort of go ahead it's probably better to save your pen and paper. The possibility of some personal satisfaction is always there though
    Reminds me of when we were in the old D4, I'd seen a Morecambe player in the National League a couple of times, he was outstanding, ripping defences to shreds at that level and he was playing only one level below us, and I was of the genuine opinion that he would walk into our first team. I was telling a mate about him at work and he said, 'Our Chief Scout is a good friend of mine, I'll give him a ring'. We went into the office and he rang him, told him the name and I expected him to say he knew about him and possibly he was on his case. Instead I heard him say, 'How do you spell it ?' He'd obviously never heard of him, this despite the fact that he was a top player one level below us and was playing just up the road in Morecambe.

It dawned on me then just why we were stuck in D4.
    Last edited by sinkov; 26-04-2024 at 07:59 AM.

I stick by everything I said 👍

Quote Originally Posted by mnrht View Post
    In fairness an U18 is becoming a Pro , so rightly you need knowledge and experience to assess a players potential at that level.
    I'm referring to Academy players from U8s to U12s where Academy's are often looking for volunteers with a veiw to learning to cover local grassroots leagues looking for potential.

I stick by everything I said ��
    We get it. Stop digging.

I stick by everything I said ��
    That's fine my friend, just don't say it again. Learn your lesson and be a good boy.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    That's fine my friend, just don't say it again. Learn your lesson and be a good boy.
    😂😂 Learn your lesson 😂😂

Learn your lesson and be a good boy................like me.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)