+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: FA Cup replays deleted

FA Cup replays deleted

I’m sure you’ve seen the news

Anyone have an opinion? The Club either don’t, are moving at Andy Garner speed to agree one, or have one they don’t think we’ll like

Me? I think it’s wrong in how it’s been decided AND the ethics involved. Another stinker from ‘powers that be’

Quote Originally Posted by Andy_Faber View Post
    I’m sure you’ve seen the news

Anyone have an opinion? The Club either don’t, are moving at Andy Garner speed to agree one, or have one they don’t think we’ll like

Me? I think it’s wrong in how it’s been decided AND the ethics involved. Another stinker from ‘powers that be’
    Totally agree, its a complete disregard for lower league clubs, and it seems the FA Cup final will not now be played after the end of the Premier league season.

The whole thing stinks, of course the proper response from all EFL Clubs would be to boycott the competition in process, but then thats not going to happen is it?

Oh and virtually all FA Cup games will be behind a paywall on TV after next season.

All this to accommodate the ludicrous revising of the so called Champions League which will see meaningless round robin matches ending up with the same 16 game knock out round as we have now with groups.

Football will end up killing itself, I no longer watch any Premier League or European games on TV or live for that matter, seems like I won't be watching the FA Cup either, so a few decades tradition of watching FA Cup finals on TV, I've been to two live, will also end.

I'm rapidly losing interest in any football above the championship, VAR, so called FFP, bloated player salaries and nation states buying clubs plus the farce that is VAR have turned me off.

Where's that elusive like button gone?

All these big clubs complaining about too many fixtures, wont stop them doing their money spinning tours overseas during the close season.

When Burton got their replay with United it was huge for them.

I remember growing up FA cup final day was massive, TV coverage for hours leading up to it, I loved it.

What I would do , maybe also controversial, is make the league cup for league clubs only and get rid of the papa johns.

Put the PL sides into the 1st round hat. That'll piss 'em right off

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    Totally agree, its a complete disregard for lower league clubs, and it seems the FA Cup final will not now be played after the end of the Premier league season.

The whole thing stinks, of course the proper response from all EFL Clubs would be to boycott the competition in process, but then thats not going to happen is it?

Oh and virtually all FA Cup games will be behind a paywall on TV after next season.

All this to accommodate the ludicrous revising of the so called Champions League which will see meaningless round robin matches ending up with the same 16 game knock out round as we have now with groups.

Football will end up killing itself, I no longer watch any Premier League or European games on TV or live for that matter, seems like I won't be watching the FA Cup either, so a few decades tradition of watching FA Cup finals on TV, I've been to two live, will also end.

I'm rapidly losing interest in any football above the championship, VAR, so called FFP, bloated player salaries and nation states buying clubs plus the farce that is VAR have turned me off.
    Agreed. A piece of 💩from several pieces of 💩💩💩💩💩

As Del would say 'they're gits'! 😈😈

This is part of a tweet by Stan Collymore, succinct and to the point!

We're being diddled, had over, ****ed about, taken the piss out of. By who? Managers who " desperately need fewer games", by owners bemoaning having to gamble their precious boys against Rochdale instead of resting up for Real Madrid, something understandable if it weren't for the luxury of 30 pros costing a billion pounds plus an academy of cherry picked youth from around the world. How many ****ing players do these clubs need to play one replay every 5 years?

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    This is part of a tweet by Stan Collymore, succinct and to the point!

We're being diddled, had over, ****ed about, taken the piss out of. By who? Managers who " desperately need fewer games", by owners bemoaning having to gamble their precious boys against Rochdale instead of resting up for Real Madrid, something understandable if it weren't for the luxury of 30 pros costing a billion pounds plus an academy of cherry picked youth from around the world. How many ****ing players do these clubs need to play one replay every 5 years?
    For someone generally known in and around Derby as a Leicester **** and/or a F*r*st ****, he's hit the nail on the head with this one.

If ever there was proof that life isn't fair, the FA Cup semi final between Coventry and Manure today was proof! So I've thought of a little tweak to the FA Cup to enhance matters for lower league clubs in lieu of replays.

Where a tie is level after ET, it is awarded to the lower league club on the basis the billionaires ought to be able to win in one game.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)