+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: The F.A. Cup.

The F.A. Cup.

So the premiership elite have been in contact with the FA and they have all come to the decision to scrap replays from the 1st round onwards which basically shafts those lower league clubs from having a potential life changing pay day should they draw at home with one of the big boys and get that pot of gold replay which would keep their struggling clubs heads above water for a good while.

Also it takes away the romance of the cup and degrades the competition somewhat in my opinion.

The main reason for this by the way is concerns for player welfare.

At the end of this Premier League season Spurs & Newcastle travel to Australia , Melbourne , for a pointless but hugely financial friendly , just 3 days after the season has ended!

Hypocritical b@stards.

Growing up as a little lad the FA Cup final was a major event , screened on both the BBC & ITV (if memory serves me right) from around 10am , it was the highlight of the English Football season.

So sad to see this once great competition copping for the sh1tty end of the stick.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    So the premiership elite have been in contact with the FA and they have all come to the decision to scrap replays from the 1st round onwards which basically shafts those lower league clubs from having a potential life changing pay day should they draw at home with one of the big boys and get that pot of gold replay which would keep their struggling clubs heads above water for a good while.

Also it takes away the romance of the cup and degrades the competition somewhat in my opinion.

The main reason for this by the way is concerns for player welfare.

At the end of this Premier League season Spurs & Newcastle travel to Australia , Melbourne , for a pointless but hugely financial friendly , just 3 days after the season has ended!

Hypocritical b@stards.
    You're surprised? And we (or at least our owners) aspire to join this band of money-grabbing, self-centred, nihilistic, self-centred repribates. Why? To make money, nothing more, nothing less. Such a wonderful aspiration for a once great FOOTBALL CLUB.

Surprised? - No!

Disgusted? - Yes!

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Growing up as a little lad the FA Cup final was a major event , screened on both the BBC & ITV (if memory serves me right) from around 10am , it was the highlight of the English Football season.

So sad to see this once great competition copping for the sh1tty end of the stick.
    Yes Rev it was a major event when I was growing up too - with FA Cup It's a Knockout, and wrestling at lunchtime (which seemed to be Big Daddy v Giant Haystacks every year).

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek_Sec View Post
    Yes Rev it was a major event when I was growing up too - with FA Cup It's a Knockout, and wrestling at lunchtime (which seemed to be Big Daddy v Giant Haystacks every year).
    The golden days of sport Dalek , World of sport with Dickie Davis , Wrestling was always a giggle with Big Daddy being my personal favourite , when Daddy and Haystacks went head to head it was always a pretty brutal affair

Quote Originally Posted by Dalek_Sec View Post
    Was that Haystacks Calhoun?? 🤔

Just answered my own question. Giant was the British wrestler whilst Calhoun was American...which is the wrestling we watched as kids!

Disappointing decision.

Not the point of the competition. In fact, the total opposite.

Shouldn’t be playing the semifinals at Wembley either.

Basically it’s pull the ladder up and stuff the rest by the premier league, the usual money grabbing thing done by a he elite, I often wonder why we all clamber to join the awful league.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)