+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Tony Stewart interview

Tony Stewart interview

Wow, I think that is the best interview I heard from Tony.

• Disappointed with RUFC for 1 ½ seasons – not the RUFC he wanted
    • Has invested more then ever in last season
    • I don’t gamble
    • He will safeguard Rotherham always having a tomorrow
    • White paper (on football finance) will give Rotherham a level playing field when it comes out
    • Was moving away from football – Steve Evans appointment brought him back
    • Impatient for success

He has got a lot of stick over the last two seasons and sure he is part of the debacle this year. But the interview shows he’s got his mojo back.

good listening.

Quote Originally Posted by zouch View Post

• I don’t gamble
    • White paper (on football finance) will give Rotherham a level playing field when it comes out
    • Impatient for success

He has got a lot of stick over the last two seasons and sure he is part of the debacle this year. But the interview shows he’s got his mojo back.

good listening.

Agree both on his own & with Steve Evans/Paul Raynor.

Quote Originally Posted by zouch View Post

• I don’t gamble
    • Impatient for success

good listening.
    👏🏻👏🏻

After watching the interviews I get the impression TS really wants this to work and trusts SE and his management team to take this club back.It is our centenary year this coming season and I think Tony will put everything in to returning back to the Championship.The passion we have seen already, has fired up everyone and next season can't come soon enough after this terrible season.

The best interview I’ve seen Tony deliver.

The passion, drive, determination and dedication is all there. His point on he doesn’t have the time to hang about or wait a few years for it all to happen is his driving force and he damn well deserves to see happier times in his tenure.

He was clearly riled at other clubs overspending and getting away with it and he’s bang on! Roll on the ‘white paper’ coming into force and making it a level playing field.

He is buzzing again . It’s like he’s got his right arm back .

Now let’s sit back to see who posts the first negative(s) about his interview.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    The best interview I’ve seen Tony deliver.

The passion, drive, determination and dedication is all there. His point on he doesn’t have the time to hang about or wait a few years for it all to happen is his driving force and he damn well deserves to see happier times in his tenure.

He was clearly riled at other clubs overspending and getting away with it and he’s bang on! Roll on the ‘white paper’ coming into force and making it a level playing field.
    The white paper is likely to have the Andrex water mark

Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    The white paper is likely to have the Andrex water mark
    Yeh, a lot of chairmen/Boards are going to need it!

He actually clarifies a lot of what has been said on this board over the months.........we can't all be that stupid then! MT and LR will be very intelligent,hard working professionals who know their stuff but there is an 'x' factor this club needs for success right now that they don't have at this moment in time. You could almost feel the heart and soul of the club being sucked out month by month so God knows how it would have felt come August if we lost our first 3 games.TS knew this and knew that,whether the return of SE works or not,he would bring all that passion back in a heartbeat.The most successful managers in the clubs history have all been strong,vivacious characters or had long and acclaimed links to the club before........Hughes,McEwan,Moore,Henson *,Evans,Warnock,Warne.That cannot be a coincidence.

*The ''forgotten'' promotion season of 1991/92 was under the management of Phil Henson!
    Last edited by Jimmy Badfellow; 20-04-2024 at 12:05 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast