+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: WBA53 match thread

Commentator said:

”Probably the best game of the season in this league”.

Must have been great to watch as a neutral.

Should have won it by 3,4 goals though, punished by our inability to score.

Disappointing result, but a decent performance.
    Wallace deputised as a striker, playing out of position, to the best of his ability. Fair play to him and a deserved goal.
    Strange to continue with Fellows up the left simultaneously with Philips up the right, but they both contributed.
    Yoku was not at his best and Grady, whilst forced off the ball too easily, didn’t have a bad game.
    Certainly the new owner will now be fully aware of the need for a fit striker !
    Hopefully this performance will help in the next couple of matches…and indeed the play-offs.

Norwich will pass us today, and on Wednesday Hull might just be one point behind us…

If we continue not scoring we might very well lose to Wednesday as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishBaggie View Post
    Norwich will pass us today, and on Wednesday Hull might just be one point behind us…

If we continue not scoring we might very well lose to Wednesday as well.
    Why is it that you always just know we’ll lose this type of match, we seem incapable of pulling off the surprise away result with this lot.

The biggest plus is that if this was the play offs we’d be well happy with a one goal defeat at a place like Leicester.

We’ve got to be better than this up front next season though, we can’t go on with makeweights and nonentity type players.

I’m struggling to understand why we bothered getting Weiman in, he’s clearly the best and most instinctive finisher at the club.

From a Leicester write up:

Leicester City took a big step towards promotion as they escaped a battering by West Brom to earn three points and return to the top of the table.

Wilfred Ndidi and Jamie Vardy scored in either half to Enzo Maresca’s side back to winning ways, but both goals came against the run of play, with the Baggies dominating. Hamza Choudhury cleared off the line three times to save his boyhood club, with the visitors also hit the bar among a host of other chances.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Why is it that you always just know we’ll lose this type of match, we seem incapable of pulling off the surprise away result with this lot.

The biggest plus is that if this was the play offs we’d be well happy with a one goal defeat at a place like Leicester.

We’ve got to be better than this up front next season though, we can’t go on with makeweights and nonentity type players.

I’m struggling to understand why we bothered getting Weiman in, he’s clearly the best and most instinctive finisher at the club.
    Yes, I wonder the same about Weimann. And, agreed, no matter how well we played, it had ”defeat” written all over it…

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

Good post Mick! Yes we played well but missing 10 easy sitters and giving them two goals says a lot about our team!

Bartley chasing spaces and if Boingy thinks Furlong and Townsend are decent - I need some of that wacky backy too!

Townsend skinned by their winger for the second goal and then the England full back to be easily out jumped by Vardy of all players!

Furlong and Townsend are shocking players along with the in ability to score will cost us! Not today but almost all matches it’s the same!

Quote Originally Posted by SwedishBaggie View Post
    Yes, I wonder the same about Weimann. And, agreed, no matter how well we played, it had ”defeat” written all over it…
    Indeed. I’m sure Carlos was also thinking about the final 2 games with this team selection. Injuries sustained could have been cataclysmic.
    However, notwithstanding, the absence of Weimann was a surprise.

Just got back from the game. Not an easy watch for my son and I as we were in with the Leicester fans. Absolutely no trouble though. It just shows you that if you are sensible, not like those stupid Wolves fans, there shouldn’t be any.
    As for the game, I thought that we were the better side and deserved at least a draw. It was probably our best away performance this season.
    How we weren’t in the lead before they scored I just don’t know. In fairness, they weren’t bad misses but just not our day I’m afraid. Every time Johnston got the ball, especially in the first half, Leicester fans had their hearts in their mouths and their defenders were like a ‘rabbit in the headlights.’ If we can replicate this performance v. Sheffield. Wed. we shouldn’t have any trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    Just got back from the game. Not an easy watch for my son and I as we were in with the Leicester fans. Absolutely no trouble though. It just shows you that if you are sensible, not like those stupid Wolves fans, there shouldn’t be any.
    As for the game, I thought that we were the better side and deserved at least a draw. It was probably our best away performance this season.
    How we weren’t in the lead before they scored I just don’t know. In fairness, they weren’t bad misses but just not our day I’m afraid. Every time Johnston got the ball, especially in the first half, Leicester fans had their hearts in their mouths and their defenders were like a ‘rabbit in the headlights.’ If we can replicate this performance v. Sheffield. Wed. we shouldn’t have any trouble.
    Hopefully Hull won’t win today and no worries !
    Regarding fans’ behaviour, I was sad to see a phone video clip of our fans on a train to Leics today, lighting a blue ‘smoke bomb’ and all cheering etc.
    Youngsters to be fair, but apart from the obvious danger, not a good reflection of WBA.

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)