+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910

Thread: ⚽ Match Thread vs. Colchester Utd 20.04.24 [EFL L2]

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    .. and if that long range effort had gone in for their first - well we know goals change games, so were the metrics saying we were lucky?
    Probably not as on the balance of play we were the better side.

Colchester tactics were very strange they even at 1-0 just sat deep maybe to keep the GD good, who knows ?

We deserved to win for sure they had one real chance the header from the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    .. and if that long range effort had gone in for their first - well we know goals change games, so were the metrics saying we were lucky?
    Surely that long range effort was superbly saved so no luck required

Just watched the match back. I enjoyed it, though it must have helped to know that we were going to win it! We looked as we meant ti keep a clean sheet, and got away with a couple of loose bits of play. Overall we were well in control and as you would expect there were some fine moves and individual skill on display. Jones’s crossing wasn’t as good as sometimes; I thought Austin had a good game; Scott definitely hasn’t completely lost it and I expect him to prove his worth next season. We could obviously do with a consistently good keeper; the rest of the defence had one of their rare competent games.

I’m a bit disappointed that SM doesn’t appear to have quite the integrity of LW - but LW has been exceptional.

That back heel from Nemane to put Crowley in for the cross which Macca scored, superb piece of skill worth the entrance money alone, I'm sure durhampie will be along shortly to agree 😄

Page 10 of 10 FirstFirst ... 8910