+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Birmingham City Post Match Thoughts

Good news about the man who was taken ill

I thought we played fairly well. More determination and forward movement. Olly was more his old self. Nombe despite getting himself into difficulty by showing too much of the ball was far more determined and resolute than I’d see before. Kioso and even Cafu were showing something before going off injured. Crossing the ball still seems to be a major weakness but at least we were getting into positions to cross.

Was better,but we`re starting from a low bar,the same players who have been decent most games,were again,Haks,Ollie,Revan,Viktor,Rinahmoto,but we were lacking in same areas,very little going forward.
    I do wish Hugill would leave,he`s just annoying.
    Evans has plenty to do,which we all knew,there will be lots of changes come July,and rightly so.

Evans was never going to wave a magic wand in his first match.

Least we managed more than 1 shot on target at home, than we used to see under LR and Taylor!

Agreed with CTmiller analysis.
    Effort was there at the very least.

Work in progress.

Agree with a lot of that Towner though I thought Hugill had one of his better games. Still too much time on his ar se tho. Thought we played with a bit more positivity at least. Didn't notice Odoffin was playing in midfield till well into the game. To be fair he will need to adjust again after playing in defence all season so not a brill game from him. I would like to see Pelts stay at the club next season as a player coach or coach at least. Ollie was at his ratting best and all over the pitch. Also like to see Revan be given another year if possible.

Definitely a Stevie Evans effect on the team and we even left one up from a corner. Must have been the last time he was here that we did that!

Oddofin now think he's more a centre back than a midfielder. Rathbone was more on his game today. No creativity or width in the side for starters. Won't have gone unnoticed by Evans/Raynor.

Firstly I wish to praise all the medical staff involved in todays medical issue, a tremendous effort from everyone involved. Even the Police service were well applauded by the visiting fans as they walked around the stadium back to their posts, having helped in assisting to carry the gentleman down from the top of the family stand to the awaiting ambulance. Having witnessed CPR being given for a good 20 minutes or more, it totally filled me with pride of our great services. Good luck and best wishes for a speedy recovery to our fan.

Onto the match itself, nothing to play for but to obviously impress their New Manager and it boded well. As the team were about to leave the field having warmed up, as they usually do pre match, Paul Raynor shouted at them and told them to turn around and applaud the fans in the North stand, astounded by his outburst they did. That's the first sign of respect being demanded, well done Paul Raynor.

The players had the opportunity to impress and suffice to say some went above and beyond what they had previuosly shown in the last 3 months. Rathbone MOTM and rightly so, back to his ratting style we know he possesses and put to great affect. GET THAT LAD THE CONTRACT HE DESERVES BEFORES HE'S TAPPED UP!

Odoffin - what a different position he was asked to take up today tucked in behind Hugill/Nombe. Highly effective and easily dropped back into midfield nullifying Birmingham time and again.

Nombe - More awake and alert than he's ever been this season. I can see us getting a great return form this lad next season, he carried himself well throughout and chased lost balls he didn't previously and, with great speed and ability.

Humpries - Mr Cool and solid thorughout, love his style of play and very commanding in his game, one we surely must keep for the future.

Viktor - is Viktor is Viktor is Viktor. He will be so sorely missed.

Appiah - Was he plugged in all night to the mains? He was like a duracell bunny when he came on and I have to say that was his best game ever for us, albeit too late to impress or has he caught Evo's eye today?

I'll leave the rest for others to fill in.

In closing, Evo got the reception we all thought he would, 'Bachelor boy' was almost sung in tune up to the chorus, a first, then game on.

I'll leave the rest for others to fill in
    Last edited by Brin; 20-04-2024 at 06:12 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Firstly I wish to praise all the medical staff involved in todays medical issue, a tremendous effort from everyone involved. Even the Police service were well applauded by the visiting fans as they walked around the stadium back to their posts, having helped in assisting to carry the gentleman down from the top of the family stand to the awaiting ambulance. Having witnessed CPR being given for a good 20 minutes or more, it totally filled me with pride of our great services. Good luck and best wishes for a speedy recovery to our fan.

Onto the match itself, nothing to play for but to obviously impress their New Manager and it boded well. As the team were about to leave the field having warmed up, as they usually do pre match, Paul Raynor shouted at them and told them to turn around and applaud the fans in the North stand, astounded by his outburst they did. That's the first sign of respect being demanded, well done Paul Raynor.

The players had the opportunity to impress and suffice to say some went above and beyond what they had previuosly shown in the last 3 months. Rathbone MOTM and rightly so, back to his ratting style we know he possesses and put to great affect. GET THAT LAD THE CONTRACT HE DESERVES BEFORES HE'S TAPPED UP!

Odoffin - what a different position he was asked to take up today tucked in behind Hugill/Nombe. Highly effective and easily dropped back into midfield nullifying Birmingham time and again.

Nombe - More awake and alert than he's ever been this season. I can see us getting a great return form this lad next season, he carried himself well throughout and chased lost balls he didn't previously and, with great speed and ability.

Humpries - Mr Cool and solid thorughout, love his style of play and very commanding in his game, one we surely must keep for the future.

Viktor - is Viktor is Viktor is Viktor. He will be so sorely missed.

Appiah - Was he plugged in all night to the mains? He was like a duracell bunny when he came on and I have to say that was his best game ever for us, albeit too late to impress or has he caught Evo's eye today?

I'll leave the rest for others to fill in.

In closing, Evo got the reception we all thought he would, 'Bachelor boy' was almost sung in tune up to the chorus, a first, then game on.

I'll leave the rest for others to fill in
    Great summary Brin

Appiah had some good movement and pace. Absolutely no ball control or match sharpness though.

I really, really hope we don't consider him.

So was it coincidence that a number of players miraculously recovered for this match
    Or Perhaps SE persuaded them to play when they weren’t fit and LR didn’t have the managerial skills to do that

Rathbone well up for it today. I can see him becoming Steve's favourite; a Pringle mk 2.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast