+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Colchester Ratings

Colchester Ratings

LAH - 6 - Made a couple of routine saves. Looked uneasy with an early long ranger. Distribution indifferent.

Macari - 6.5 - Solid as ever. Tidy in all that he did.

Baldwin - 6.5 - Gave the ball away once in a bad area. A couple of good interceptions. Fine.

Cameron - 7 - Barely anything came down his side defensively. Carried the ball well. Looked comfortable in every department.

Robertson - 7 - Solid again. Looked sound in possession. Loves a drop of the shoulder and go; a good element to have.

Nemane - 7 - Maintained his recent strong form. Always a threat.

Crowley - 7.5 - Always looking to create. The only player to look to have any real drive in the second half.

JOB - 7 - Summed up what we’ve had from JOB over the years. Steamed into tackles. Utilised possession well. Nice bits of quality. I’m sure he wishes he was 10 years younger.

Austin - 6.5 - Tidy as always but not hugely effective. Worthy of a squad place for next season. Tactically superb.

Jones - 7 - Looked lively. Fizzed some great balls in. Really hope he’s here next season.

Langstaff - 7 - Typical Macca. Good goal. Good all round work. Loved the fact he didn’t want to come off. Doesn’t get the plaudits he deserves.

Maynard - 7 - Thought we dominated the game from start to finish. Good midfield shape allowed us the domination. He’d have definitely wanted a bigger winning margin but I think if we’d have needed it today, we could have put 4/5 away.

Quote Originally Posted by LeftPeg_Pie View Post
    LAH - 6 - Made a couple of routine saves. Looked uneasy with an early long ranger. Distribution indifferent.

Macari - 6.5 - Solid as ever. Tidy in all that he did.

Baldwin - 6.5 - Gave the ball away once in a bad area. A couple of good interceptions. Fine.

Cameron - 7 - Barely anything came down his side defensively. Carried the ball well. Looked comfortable in every department.

Robertson - 7 - Solid again. Looked sound in possession. Loves a drop of the shoulder and go; a good element to have.

Nemane - 7 - Maintained his recent strong form. Always a threat.

Crowley - 7.5 - Always looking to create. The only player to look to have any real drive in the second half.

JOB - 7 - Summed up what we’ve had from JOB over the years. Steamed into tackles. Utilised possession well. Nice bits of quality. I’m sure he wishes he was 10 years younger.

Austin - 6.5 - Tidy as always but not hugely effective. Worthy of a squad place for next season. Tactically superb.

Jones - 7 - Looked lively. Fizzed some great balls in. Really hope he’s here next season.

Langstaff - 7 - Typical Macca. Good goal. Good all round work. Loved the fact he didn’t want to come off. Doesn’t get the plaudits he deserves.

Maynard - 7 - Thought we dominated the game from start to finish. Good midfield shape allowed us the domination. He’d have definitely wanted a bigger winning margin but I think if we’d have needed it today, we could have put 4/5 away.
    I’d agree with those - we had much more energy in the side without Bostock and McGoldrick, and really should have put four or five past Colchester and their odious boss.

Agree with Crowley getting the top rating. The highest praise I can give him is that he did a Matty Palmer impersonation today - popped up all over the pitch, at the heart of everything, always available for a pass and barely wasted one.

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Agree with Crowley getting the top rating. The highest praise I can give him is that he did a Matty Palmer impersonation today - popped up all over the pitch, at the heart of everything, always available for a pass and barely wasted one.
    I agree, thought he was mom. Robbo played well but he must watch his defending from corners he spends more time wrestling with their players than watching the ball, a penalty waiting to happen.

Jim mom for me. Was superb in every aspect and if you think age is a barrier think again, couldn’t buy another player like him and I’m a realist in knowing he can’t go on for ever but I’m sure another season is not beyond him, made us tick today against a physical and ugly team. Top player