+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Average attendance 10905

Quote Originally Posted by upthemaggies View Post
    6.240 according to worldfootball.net
    https://www.worldfootball.net/attend...o-2023-2024/1/
    Thank you.

In 6 seasons
    Our crowds have increased by 37.9%.
    League 2 as a whole has increased by 38.9%.

So no matter what we thought, we don't appear to be outperforming football in general. (League 2 anyway) - ( although as I said before 2017/18 was a more successful season results wise and AH really tried to boost attendances eg 17234 against Crewe).
    It is not just us, everybody is booming. So we need to be alert to any downturn.

Quote Originally Posted by tommopie8 View Post
    It's entertaining football when it's in full flow but it's an attritional watch when we're too safe in possession and there's sod all movement ahead of the play.

If MK Dons go up too, we couldn't have hand picked 4 stronger teams to get promoted to give us a better shot next year.

If we hear the sustainable building next year when we're going to have comfortably a top 3 average attendance if not the best in the league in a much weaker league then I'll be asking questions.

The wages are limited to a % of the turnover in L2, we have the handicap of having one of the best average attendances already - if there's any shortfall it'll be on the commercial team and recruitment team. Don't think there can be any excuses next year.
    Turnover can include equity injections and net transfer revenue so attendances and commercial revenue are not the only factors in determining maximum player budget.

Quote Originally Posted by 1955pie View Post
    Thank you.

In 6 seasons
    Our crowds have increased by 37.9%.
    League 2 as a whole has increased by 38.9%.

So no matter what we thought, we don't appear to be outperforming football in general. (League 2 anyway) - ( although as I said before 2017/18 was a more successful season results wise and AH really tried to boost attendances eg 17234 against Crewe).
    It is not just us, everybody is booming. So we need to be alert to any downturn.
    The best yardstick I think is our position in the 92 attendance table, which I'll be able to post when the Premier League season ends. It would be no good us averaging 15k if 60 plus clubs were averaging higher than that, we'd want to be around the 50th best supported to have a realistic chance of going back to being a top tier 3 / lower tier 2 club, which I would say is the least the club deserves when taking its' history and location into account.

Crowds across football have increased since VAR was introduced to the Premier League. Given thoughts on here and having spoken with fans of various Prem clubs, they are at a loss with it. This could be a contributing factor to the increase.
    The cost of watching football in the Premier League has reached a point where it becomes unaffordable for many a regular income household. I know for a a fact that if I were a Forest fan, I couldn’t afford to spend the amount required to purchase me and my 2 boys season tickets, plus travel to every game, plus the inevitable food and beverages. Watching Notts averages around £100 a game on average - for the bigger games probably double.
    Despite being 20 odd quid for an adult it’s half of not more than watching Premier League footy. U11’s somewhat cheaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Crowds across football have increased since VAR was introduced to the Premier League. Given thoughts on here and having spoken with fans of various Prem clubs, they are at a loss with it. This could be a contributing factor to the increase.
    The cost of watching football in the Premier League has reached a point where it becomes unaffordable for many a regular income household. I know for a a fact that if I were a Forest fan, I couldn’t afford to spend the amount required to purchase me and my 2 boys season tickets, plus travel to every game, plus the inevitable food and beverages. Watching Notts averages around £100 a game on average - for the bigger games probably double.
    Despite being 20 odd quid for an adult it’s half of not more than watching Premier League footy. U11’s somewhat cheaper.
    So true. The Premier League has lost its allure recently, and many people just want to watch a decent game of football for a decent price. Top-level football has become inaccessible for normal people, and spoiled by stupid rule changes that suck all the fun out of the experience.

The best yardstick I think is our position in the 92 attendance table, which I'll be able to post when the Premier League season ends. It would be no good us averaging 15k if 60 plus clubs were averaging higher than that, we'd want to be around the 50th best supported to have a realistic chance of going back to being a top tier 3 / lower tier 2 club, which I would say is the least the club deserves when taking its' history and location into account.
    I think we currently sit 52nd. All 24 PL teams beat our average gate, 23 of 24 in the Championship, 6 of 24 in L1 and just 2 of 24 in L2.
    Season 2017/18 I think we ranked 56th.
    Info from Football web pages, there may be the odd cup game which slightly distorts things but not significantly I suspect.

I personally think they need a VAR referendum and probably poll it across the premier leagues season ticket holders. I get it that it mostly helps with big decisions and some games there’s a lot on it, like us vs Cov it would have been helpful to say the least, but as an experience it seems to be ruining football in my opinion. They could have a vote and say they will revisit in 3 years with another vote and either way people just put up and shut up in between.

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    I personally think they need a VAR referendum and probably poll it across the premier leagues season ticket holders. I get it that it mostly helps with big decisions and some games there’s a lot on it, like us vs Cov it would have been helpful to say the least, but as an experience it seems to be ruining football in my opinion. They could have a vote and say they will revisit in 3 years with another vote and either way people just put up and shut up in between.
    I think VAR would be better if they changed the laws/rules about it being shown in stadiums. Fans sit in stadiums for several minutes, not knowing what is happening. From an experience point of view watch the incident back on the screen that every premier league HAS to have. Rugby do it, why can’t football? I’ve said before that the ref and 2 linesman should convene to discuss and make a decision whilst in consultation with VAR whilst utilising the big screen.

I think VAR would be better if they changed the laws/rules about it being shown in stadiums. Fans sit in stadiums for several minutes, not knowing what is happening. From an experience point of view watch the incident back on the screen that every premier league HAS to have. Rugby do it, why can’t football? I’ve said before that the ref and 2 linesman should convene to discuss and make a decision whilst in consultation with VAR whilst utilising the big screen.
    I definitely think that would help to a certain extent but it’s pretty sole destroying when it’s going on for up to minutes. I’m not clued up on Rugby but cricket for example it’s far easier to get to the decision quicker as it’s less subjective and the technology is automated as it works out if the ball was hitting the stumps or clipped the bat virtually instantly. For me footballs high octane, not many sports rival the scoring of a goal and I personally just think it takes that I stand euphoria away with the fear of it being disallowed minutes later.

That seems a good way to look at it.
    Thanks for getting the figures upthemagpies.
    It does seem though that some of our uplift is partly due to the general success of football across society.
    I await your final figures. Longer term we ought to be targetting the top half. ie 46th

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast