+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Rate the season from 1-10

Voters
47. You may not vote on this poll
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: On a scale of 1-10, how much have you enjoyed this season?

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Depends which way you look at it and what you want I suppose, I always thought football was results based and would accept a 1-0 grind over a 4-3 defeat.
    If we score on entertainment then it would be a 10/10 (5/10 for the doomongers + 5/10 for the HappyClappers). There's been some great attacking edge of the seat stuff undone by an equal amount of catastrophic comedy football.
    Well yeah the aim is to win but again at what cost.

If we stuck all 11 behind the ball each game and had 1-2 shots a game and relied on set pieces that would be pretty drab.

As you know we wont win every game and you just want to see your team attack be brave over the season we have been.

I also wouldnt mind the defenders at times doing the basics and if need be clear your lines with a hoof up field !

Ive gone for 7/10. Enjoyed being back in the EFL and going to proper league grounds. Before the season started, we would have been happy for a mid -table finish..

I am happy to be back in EFL.
    I said at the beginning of season if we finish mid table I would be happy.😊

Quote Originally Posted by matt_magpie View Post
    I’m not excusing the bad performances or the disappointing drop off but I think a lot of Notts fans have forgot what bad looks like.
    I'm so with you on this. I have seen so many eras/performances where we were relying on long ball, players at the back couldn't even keep the ball in play when they hoiked it up, a stringing together of five passes was a miracle, shots on goal could be counted on one hand per month not per game and when generally the flair and excitement was so low that I thought football might be one of the worst sports in the world. 3.5k watching fans was probably a reflection of this as well as losing the will to live. Yes some shocking defending but also a team that has overall been outstanding. Fallen in love with football and Notts County again....

5, neither satisfied or unsatisfied...The opening game of the season was an eye opener and I think we've finished just below where I thought we would.

It's a 5 from me. Achievement less than my expectations. Could do a lot better and hopefully will next season.

First 4ish months of the season was a 10. Back in the league, winning, lots of goals, great away days. Apart from those two home results in October how could it have gone any better?

Last 4 months have to be a 4. Bit of a slog, comical defending and those 5 dire home results/performances. Luckily it’s picked up a bit again, but only since we’ve had nothing to play for.

So I suppose the average is a 7. With some of the players we have this season has to go down as a real missed opportunity. Some of the novelty of league football will be gone next year so we have to make up for that with performances on the pitch.

I've gone for a 4 because I'm still gutted we're not in or even with a chance of the play offs, only a few points here and there and it would be us, I really think we've wasted a great chance this year.

Overall we must be happy to be back in the EFL and not flirting with relegation.
    To have been top of the table at one time and to
    finish mid table is somewhat disappointing.
    We should be proud to have the division's top goalscorer, top creator and Dan Crowley within our ranks.
    We have been privileged to see some some great football at times , wonderful goals and very encouraging attendances , together with some comical defending and match officials ,as per usual.
    On balance a 7 for entertainment.

I worked on the basis of how I felt leaving the grounds. I stood in the rain at Sutton, I was at the capitulation at Crawley and the frustratingly ineffective game against Wrexham. I saw the game against FGR was was bang in line with Maccari's goal at Gillingham and the game against Barrow. So, despite being quite part time, I have seen the good, the bad and the ugly. I can honestly say though, that I was thoroughly entertained on each occasion. Yes I was disappointed at times, angry at times and frustrated at others, but never bored and at the end of the day that is all I ask. I don't want to define my enjoyment by the result, or our season purely from the final position. I just want to be entertained...and boy, do Notts entertain these days.

In the past I recall sitting in the stands reading my programme as the ball was hoofed aimlessly to the forwards. I am so pleased that those days are gone or now!

So the score from the East Kent Jury is 9 point.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast