+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: Can Hugill be what Revill was?

Quote Originally Posted by UlleyMiller View Post
    Jordan?? That you???

Seriously though, physical? Where's the line of broken defenders he's been through? Hasn't bothered the goal since.... *checks notes* ... October....!!! Wow, I forget sometimes just how bad he is.

Get shut, at any cost. Poor player, worse attitude.
    You put the right balls into the box for him and he will score .. in league one .. you don't spend all your footballing career in the championship if you can't play ..I bet he has won most of his aerial battles this season , if there is a stat for it ... remember jerry Yates.. look how bad he was apparently.. scored about 25 goals in championship with Swansea and Blackpool in 2 seasons .. remember Lewis Grabban.. he was also useless apparently.. went on to play in the prem and championship scoring goals in both leagues forest hero .. no good for us though was he .. as our fans can spot a good striker ..

Quote Originally Posted by DonPageFanClub View Post
    You put the right balls into the box for him and he will score .. in league one .. you don't spend all your footballing career in the championship if you can't play ..I bet he has won most of his aerial battles this season , if there is a stat for it ... remember jerry Yates.. look how bad he was apparently.. scored about 25 goals in championship with Swansea and Blackpool in 2 seasons .. remember Lewis Grabban.. he was also useless apparently.. went on to play in the prem and championship scoring goals in both leagues forest hero .. no good for us though was he .. as our fans can spot a good striker ..
    If you look at his wikipedia, hes played more games for us than any other club except preston..its states around 70 odd goals scored from around 370 games played which is around 1in nearly 5 games..when he played for most of these clubs he was obviously younger and probably sharper, he may well turn out to be a threat in league 1 but he'll be another year older as well and maybe even slower..

He wins 43% of aerial duels (fotmob offers a decent stat pack), which is pretty good but is just an isolated statistic. His pass accuracy is woeful, his dribble success is poor, he barely ever wins a tackle, he gives away a lot of free kicks and gets booked too often. His form is dire, his attitude with LR was seemingly a problem, he doesn't cover much ground, he's not clinical (10% goals per shot), and his history is rubbish for a CF.

Scored in:
    22% of games at PNE
    16% at Boro
    33% at QPR (reasonable return in his best ever season)
    10% at Norwich
    15% for us

I liked Grabban, personally, and granted it was L2 but his 42% return makes a mockery of Hugill's entire career. I can't speak for others, but I wouldn't have those two in the same conversation. Yates was young and took a while to find his feet, Hugill is 32 next year and his return of 13 goals over the last three seasons won't strike fear into defenders in L1 as he's another year older and slower.

He's visibly a poor player, stats only serve to show just how poor he is.

Quote Originally Posted by UlleyMiller View Post
    He wins 43% of aerial duels (fotmob offers a decent stat pack), which is pretty good but is just an isolated statistic. His pass accuracy is woeful, his dribble success is poor, he barely ever wins a tackle, he gives away a lot of free kicks and gets booked too often. His form is dire, his attitude with LR was seemingly a problem, he doesn't cover much ground, he's not clinical (10% goals per shot), and his history is rubbish for a CF.

Scored in:
    22% of games at PNE
    16% at Boro
    33% at QPR (reasonable return in his best ever season)
    10% at Norwich
    15% for us

I liked Grabban, personally, and granted it was L2 but his 42% return makes a mockery of Hugill's entire career. I can't speak for others, but I wouldn't have those two in the same conversation. Yates was young and took a while to find his feet, Hugill is 32 next year and his return of 13 goals over the last three seasons won't strike fear into defenders in L1 as he's another year older and slower.

He's visibly a poor player, stats only serve to show just how poor he is.
    Pin these stats on Jordan’s locker door . If this don’t motivate him nowt will.

Alex Revell averaged around 7 or 8 goals a season over three and half a seasons. Two of those seasons were in League Two. Do we want actually Hugill to be like Revell? It's a pretty low bar!

Neither score/scored enough goals, however I enjoyed watching Revs play, whereas Hugill just irritates me.

Yes Alex put a shift in if nowt else during games.

His folklore is Wembley something Never to be repeated by any Millers player.

...there will be very few better strikers in league 1 than Jordan Hugill...
    https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football...ne/top-scorers

To throw some more relevant stats at this...
    24 strikers in the list through the link above. 20 of them currently not going up/down. All double digit returns with a game or two to play (JH has done this twice in his career, 12 in 2016/17, 13 in 2019/20), and with goals per game of 23% or better (again, better than most of Hugill's returns). All significantly better on shots per goal.

The pairing with Nombe hasn't looked great, there's been no consistent method of attack between them, neither is clinical (Nombe looks even worse as a natural finisher). I'd much rather have had Nombe paired with Smith, personally - that would have been good to see in L1. Hugill's best performances have come against previous clubs - 4 out of 5 goals last season, and 2 out of 3 this - if that doesn't tell you something about his character I don't know what else you need.

There's a striker in there, somewhere, but he seldom puts the right focus and effort in to show it. No good for a team like ours, get him out.

Both spend/spent too much time on the floor.

Have you all not been watching hugill play this season? To suggest he could emulate revs is an insult to Alex...
    His movement in the box is atrocious. Evan eaves movement is better. He's one dimensional the lad would struggle to score playing non league footy.
    Imo ship out wyke and hugill keep nombe, eaves and kayode plus one more. Alfie my would do in league 1

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast