+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567

Thread: Romared Match Thoughts Barnsley v Northampton Town

[QUOTE=Young_Nudger;40496259]
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post

So then Shads - what’s a Pugmunter ???
    Never heard of it myself - I thought you might know 😊
    I havn"t a clue & whats more Nudger I do not know why you are asking me as its a word I have never used , if you are looking for arguments then why do you not return to your beloved BBS ?

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    No heart, no fight. He isnt brilliant at this level. He ( like Styles) will be found out quickly in the Championship. Just not got a heart big enough to ‘want it”. I pity the Championship side that signs him.
    Well Jules I can’t disagree with anything you’ve said there 👍

[QUOTE=Shadrack the Red;40496592]
    Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post

I havn"t a clue & whats more Nudger I do not know why you are asking me as its a word I have never used , if you are looking for arguments then why do you not return to your beloved BBS ?
    Shads - I’m pointing out that abuse occurs on here between people that post - if that’s what pugmunter is supposed to be. Who knows?
    But you chose to say NOTHING about that.

And yet you are up in arms about someone calling yer favourite little player a fat slow midget.

That’s my opinion of Kane.

[QUOTE=Young_Nudger;40496606]
    Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post

Shads - I’m pointing out that abuse occurs on here between people that post - if that’s what pugmunter is supposed to be. Who knows?
    But you chose to say NOTHING about that.

And yet you are up in arms about someone calling yer favourite little player a fat slow midget.

That’s my opinion of Kane.
    I havn"t a clue what a pugmunter is and it is up to you to discuss this with who ever called you one not me, however over time you continue to throw out insults which to me is bang out of order , now I am not a moderator & it is not for me to police this forum but I do know this and that is there is away to conduct yourself on a public forum and to continue to throw insults at certain players because you dislike them is not the way to conduct yourself, call me old fashioned but courtesy costs nothing & incidentally for the record Kane is not my favourite player but he is one of the players who has performed to an acceptable level this season where I am afraid some of the others have been below par but choose whether my opinion of a player or even a poster on this forum is not favourable I would not resort to personal insults to try and impose my point of view on fellow contributors , I think you are bang out of order and will call you out for it .

Shads - let me outline my views on football message boards.

I post my honest views.
    Sometimes these are seen by others are wind ups.
    They arn’t.
    Admittedly sometimes i do have views that are not in line with the general trend.
    BTW - that leftfield way of thinking has paid dividends throughout my life.

So I post what I think - and if someone that disagrees then that’s great because it provides an opportunity for debate and argument.
    It’s football - we all have our own opinions.
    It’s GOOD to argue about points of view.
    I don’t post on football message boards to agree with other posters - I’m looking for posts that I don’t agree with.

But by doing that I don’t want it to slip into personal abuse of other posters.
    The only time I have done that - is when other posters have constantly thrown abuse my way.
    I need to learn how to ignore these posters.

Shads - let me outline my views on football message boards.

I post my honest views.
    Sometimes these are seen by others are wind ups.
    They arn’t.
    Admittedly sometimes i do have views that are not in line with the general trend.
    BTW - that leftfield way of thinking has paid dividends throughout my life.

So I post what I think - and if someone that disagrees then that’s great because it provides an opportunity for debate and argument.
    It’s football - we all have our own opinions.
    It’s GOOD to argue about points of view.
    I don’t post on football message boards to agree with other posters - I’m looking for posts that I don’t agree with.

But by doing that I don’t want it to slip into personal abuse of other posters.
    The only time I have done that - is when other posters have constantly thrown abuse my way.
    I need to learn how to ignore these posters.
    Left field thinking works from time to time but more successful when an element of surprise is attached to it and once that element of surprise is countered then it doesn't work .

The Val season is probably the stand out example but the change to a data led recruitment policy is also in there where we got ahead of the game and found some really good players for next to nothing .

What you haven't realised is that all the above has now been worked out but you continue to bang the drum even though the evidence is pretty clear .

Val was worked out well before we faced Swansea in that championship play off semi final .

There are no golden nuggets available on free transfers from non league football and you can't have a solid defence without physicality at any level of football and you most certainly can't have success shipping goals in the manner we do either .

Logical football thinking beats left field thinking over the full course of a football season , always has and always will .

My logical football thinking tells me we can do better with the same budget , the club were actually smart in recruiting Duff , Duff knew the league and had a record of improving players with a limited budget , these were transferable skills that fitted where we were having just endured a catastrophe of a championship season .

Why we didn't hire like for like last summer tells me and this is my logical thinking kicking in again that the owners just don't understand football .

If the CEO at Tesco doesn't understand retail don't expect the company to perform well seems fairly obvious to me .

The only light I can see is that the Sporting Director is a man of logical thought and we dispense with the broken policies and start getting back to football basics .

I don’t know if the players read these forums but if they do it must do wonders for their confidence that they’ve got the full backing of the supporters.
    Imagine the ones who are out of contract and know they won’t be here next season? I’m not sure they’ll wanting to pay the fans back for their overwhelming support with a gut busting performance in the play offs, more likely they will secretly stick two fingers up and be thinking “sod yer, I’m off”

Quote Originally Posted by Doggydo View Post
    I don’t know if the players read these forums but if they do it must do wonders for their confidence that they’ve got the full backing of the supporters.
    Imagine the ones who are out of contract and know they won’t be here next season? I’m not sure they’ll wanting to pay the fans back for their overwhelming support with a gut busting performance in the play offs, more likely they will secretly stick two fingers up and be thinking “sod yer, I’m off”
    Players are just passing through today Doggy and I've not much time for their feelings to be honest .

There are exceptions such as Mads who clearly cared passionately about the club but overall we mean nowt to them is my take .

Massive difference between players and fans in how they look at this game and the clubs they represent .

I'm not so much having a go at them but more factoring in reality of the game today .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Left field thinking works from time to time but more successful when an element of surprise is attached to it and once that element of surprise is countered then it doesn't work .

The Val season is probably the stand out example but the change to a data led recruitment policy is also in there where we got ahead of the game and found some really good players for next to nothing .

What you haven't realised is that all the above has now been worked out but you continue to bang the drum even though the evidence is pretty clear .

Val was worked out well before we faced Swansea in that championship play off semi final .

There are no golden nuggets available on free transfers from non league football and you can't have a solid defence without physicality at any level of football and you most certainly can't have success shipping goals in the manner we do either .

Logical football thinking beats left field thinking over the full course of a football season , always has and always will .

My logical football thinking tells me we can do better with the same budget , the club were actually smart in recruiting Duff , Duff knew the league and had a record of improving players with a limited budget , these were transferable skills that fitted where we were having just endured a catastrophe of a championship season .

Why we didn't hire like for like last summer tells me and this is my logical thinking kicking in again that the owners just don't understand football .

If the CEO at Tesco doesn't understand retail don't expect the company to perform well seems fairly obvious to me .

The only light I can see is that the Sporting Director is a man of logical thought and we dispense with the broken policies and start getting back to football basics .
    The point there is - over the last few seasons we have never ever recruited like for like.
    Not once.
    If we sell for say £2 million - then the replacement has to be valued at £2 million.
    That’s like for like.

There is no chance of that happening.
    So I haven’t a clue why some fans are saying we should recruit like for like.
    It makes no sense to me.

The process is this - recruit raw - polish - sell.
    Bring money in - enabling better players to be brought in - polish - sell for bigger fees.
    All professional football clubs are selling clubs.
    What you will see happening at Barnsley is players starting to be sold for bigger fees.
    And that’s probably already started with Kitching.

But when Kitching first arrived he wasn’t as good as Helik.
    But after just one season Kitching sold for more than Helik.
    That’s how the process works.

And some of the lads brought on board recently such as Connell, Mael, Pines, Earl will be the same.
    And as said previously - players from last season are playing worse this season - so it’s difficult to gauge the new players brought in this season.

So don’t be surprised - that under a new HC - players such as Dallas, Cosgrove, O’Keeffe, Cotter, Lopata and Shepherd are totally transformed and much better than first thought.

We have a good summer of player signings to look forward to.
    No matter what division we are in.

The point there is - over the last few seasons we have never ever recruited like for like.
    Not once.
    If we sell for say £2 million - then the replacement has to be valued at £2 million.
    That’s like for like.

There is no chance of that happening.
    So I haven’t a clue why some fans are saying we should recruit like for like.
    It makes no sense to me.

The process is this - recruit raw - polish - sell.
    Bring money in - enabling better players to be brought in - polish - sell for bigger fees.
    All professional football clubs are selling clubs.
    What you will see happening at Barnsley is players starting to be sold for bigger fees.
    And that’s probably already started with Kitching.

But when Kitching first arrived he wasn’t as good as Helik.
    But after just one season Kitching sold for more than Helik.
    That’s how the process works.

And some of the lads brought on board recently such as Connell, Mael, Pines, Earl will be the same.
    And as said previously - players from last season are playing worse this season - so it’s difficult to gauge the new players brought in this season.

So don’t be surprised - that under a new HC - players such as Dallas, Cosgrove, O’Keeffe, Cotter, Lopata and Shepherd are totally transformed and much better than first thought.

We have a good summer of player signings to look forward to.
    No matter what division we are in.

How on earth do you come to that conclusion?

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 567