Quote Originally Posted by Young_Nudger View Post
Right then - let’s get all this shi.te spouted about the recruitment settled once and for all.

Name ONE player from last season that went to Wembley that’s played as good this season as they did last season !?!?!
Just one.
Name one player from last season that has improved this season !?!?!

NONE.

They have all gone backwards.
Everyone of them.
So how the hell can we start to judge the new recruits that’s come in if all the recognised players are all going backwards FGS.

As for defenders - every new defender signed for Barnsley in recent years has had to endure a torrent of abuse.
No one more than Mads had to.

We have sold a list of defenders over these last few years including Pinnock, Lindsay, Sibbick, Helik, Brittain etc etc etc.
Every head coach that took over the team at that time moulded the new defenders together into a unit.

Collins didn’t.
End of - full stop - period.

I wish posters would just try to consider recent history - at least try to remember what’s happened in recent years before posting such total ****.
What you conveniently overlook is that last summers recruitment was from a lower level than usual. They were also mostly free transfers. That is not in line with the recruitment from previous years under this regime is it?

The players you mention that came to Oakwell and were successful and then moved on, well they cost us money didn't they? Here's what we paid for the players you mentioned.....

Mads- 900k
Pinnock- 570k
Lindsay- 400k
Sibbick- 225k
Helik- 800k

Defensive recruitment summer 2023/January 2024

Corey O'keefe- undisclosed???
Mael- 300k
Lopata- free
Sheppard- ?? Probably a bag of footballs
Lofthouse- free
Pines- free
Earl- undisclosed???

Now with all due respect Nudger, I have considered recent history and there it is above in black and white ^^^

Face the facts Nudger.

Our recruitment has gone downhill in the last 9 months. Not only are we looking at/signing out of contract players, we're looking for them in a low level of football.

Moulding decent quality defenders like Pinnock and Lindsay together, or Mads and Helik is much easier than what players Collins got given.

They are just not up to the job. Maybe another year and they'll start to progress individually. However, we can't be signing players from that level of the game and expecting to mould them instantly into league 1 promotion standard.

Collins did the best he could and i think deserves credit for getting us to 5th after 45 matches. Just accept that the players (defenders) that he was given weren't up to the required standard. THAT IS DOWN TO THE BOARD OF DIRECTORS AND RECRUITMENT TEAM.

Also the former Head Coach who you lambasted for months was recruited by these very same people.

I know it doesn't register on yhi Nudger but one day I hope the penny will drop. These people who are calling the shots at Oakwell aren't up to standard in terms of running a football club. It's c0ck up after c0ck up.

To quote Laurel & Hardy in regard of the hierarchy at Grove St- that's another fine mess you gotten us into

Over and out