+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: The Emergency yesterday

The Emergency yesterday

Just read a post on X saying the Sid who had the cardiac arrest yesterday at the match is breathing by himself but is in an induced coma.

His family appreciate all the support.

From all Millers Madsters get well soon Sid, & get back to the NYS when your health improves.

Once a Miller always a Miller.

Here, here, best wishes for a speedy recovery.

What an awful thing to happen,but daft as it sounds,a football match is probably a pretty good place for something like this happen,lots of qualified medical at hand quickly.
    Hope you make a speedy and full recovery my friend.

Taken from millers what’s app

*Medical Emergency v Birmingham City - An update from the family*

Having been given permission to share this information by the family of the supporter who was taken seriously ill during the game against Birmingham City on Saturday, Rotherham United would like to once again express its sincere thanks to everyone inside AESSEAL New York Stadium and provide them with the following update.

The fan, Sid Barraclough, was taken ill in the 11th minute of the match when he suffered a heart attack before his situation was brought to medics’ attention by other supporters in the stands.

A response that can only be described as heroic followed from by St. John’s Ambulance, medical professionals and volunteers on-site and first team staff from both Rotherham United and Birmingham City and allowed Sid to leave the stadium for hospital – where he remains in critical care.

Lee Barraclough, Sid’s son, has shared the following message on behalf of the family on social media:

“For the fans concerned about the fan who collapsed yesterday, it was my dad ‘Sid’ he suffered a heart attack and is in critical care.

“I would like to send a heart-felt thanks to the paramedics, medical staff, stewards, and the fans for their patience while my dad was attended to and to the lady who looked after our son, Noah, who was with my dad at the match.”

It goes without saying that our thoughts and prayers remain with Sid and all of his family at this incredibly difficult time and we politely ask that their privacy continues to be respected.

Once again, we would like to remind those same medically trained individuals, the stewards, the Police and every single fan inside the ground of our gratitude for their efforts and compassion in inconceivably distressing circumstances. The response to a fellow football fan falling ill yesterday was, in our eyes, a credit to the game.

https://www.themillers.co.uk/news/20...om-the-family/