+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: O/T:- Gateshead

Not like the NL not knowing what it's rules are

If the rules state that Gateshead can’t enter the FL because of the lease, what’s with barring them from the play offs? They should be allowed to take part in the play offs and a decision taken at the end of that… ie if they actually win it.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsetts_Pie View Post
    If the rules state that Gateshead can’t enter the FL because of the lease, what’s with barring them from the play offs? They should be allowed to take part in the play offs and a decision taken at the end of that… ie if they actually win it.
    What's the point in that? If they beat Solihul and then won the semi final what would the point in having the final? Plus I'd be a little p**sed off if I was a Solihul and who ever they beat in the semi final fan.

I may be wrong here, but if correct this is my take.

Luton did not have a ground suitable for the Prem League, they went through the playoffs and won. Then they sorted the issue in the closed seasonvv (prolonged if I remember right), justice done and everyone happy.

Surely the same should apply here, with the extra revenue they would get from promotion they would have a great chance of securing ground rights that satisfy the EFL requirements?

Quote Originally Posted by bule1 View Post

Luton did not have a ground suitable for the Prem League, they went through the playoffs and won. Then they sorted the issue in the closed seasonvv (prolonged if I remember right), justice done and everyone happy.

Surely the same should apply here, with the extra revenue they would get from promotion they would have a great chance of securing ground rights that satisfy the EFL requirements?
    The problem here isn't the ground but the council. The council, after the deadline had passed, came back with alternative solutions that weren't acceptable, had the council said "here's a 10 year lease" even after the deadline had passed, Gateshead would have been able to play. This is a rare scenario where it's neither the club's nor football authorities fault

Quote Originally Posted by OxonPie View Post
    Gateshead are NOT permitted to take part in the National League playoffs.

Solihull Moors will get a bye to the semi-finals.

“The National League is extremely disappointed to announce that following a decision of the EFL, Gateshead Football Club has failed to meet the entry criteria for membership to the EFL.”

😳
    This is all wrong in so many ways.

Looking deeper into it it seems the Council are nearly £700m in debt so are probably asking for a rent rise as they can see an oppertunity!!

Quote Originally Posted by bule1 View Post

That would be a much fairer situation IMO. Seems incredibly cruel right now.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    That would be a much fairer situation IMO. Seems incredibly cruel right now.
    But we don't know why the council aren't agreeing to a 10 year lease. Maybe they have other plans for the stadium, afterall it's an athletics stadium not just a football one. My reply above is just a guess taking into account what Nottingham City Council are trying to do to Forest. Probably more money in redevelopment to them than the football team playing there every 2 weeks.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12