+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T:- Forest Crying (Again)

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    They weren’t accusing the officials of making mistakes, they accused an official of deliberately acting against them because he supports one of their rivals in the table. Then a day later realised they’d gone far too far and started massively backsliding.
    Hence my caveat 'even if the tweet itself was emotional'.

The problem is, when you see mistakes as blatant and ridiculous as at least two of those three decisions, it beggars belief/credibility that an official at that level could genuinely be that inept - twice! - without some more malevolent explanation.

For the sake of the integrity of the game I have to hope it really was just extreme incompetence and not manipulation, but that conclusion then underpins my subsequent observation that football's officials /administrators are doing more to damage the reputation of the game than anyone bold enough to call them out on such incompetence.

Quote Originally Posted by BigFatPie View Post
    It’s been Maranakis MO for years in Greece to accuse officials of bias and corruption, usually getting away with it because he’s a more important figure there than he is here. He’s a huge man baby who cries and screams when he doesn’t get want he wants and the biggest mistake the football authorities have made was ever letting him near one of our clubs because it won’t end well.
    I agree with you, but it only goes to reiterate again what I've said above. When you see multiple decisions as blatantly wrong as the ones in that game, it serves as ammunition for those who would allege corruption, whether they're right or not. I'm not a fan of Forest and certainly not a defender of Marinakis, but the football authorities are giving him (and others like him) so much material to work with that frankly they deserve what they get.
    Last edited by jackal2; 24-04-2024 at 10:21 PM.