+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T:- Forest Crying (Again)

Quote Originally Posted by Elite_Pie View Post
    Really? In my opinion tribalism is what makes football. The day I don't enjoy Forest getting the rough end of the stick however unfair is the day I would ask to be voluntarily euthanised.

Looks like Mark Clattenburg is rivalling Harry Arter in the 'value for money' stakes!
    ^^^^ this

Quote Originally Posted by Chicken Balti Pie View Post
    Its not though is it. There needs to be a daylight rule where it's offside if there is a clear gap between attacker a defender. I will explain why as well! TV cameras record at 25 FPS, you may think that is a lot but it's actually not, because if you're going to measure by the millimetre like they are, you need the EXACT frame the ball was kicked and you can't get that. Have a look next time at the ball, it will more than likely be an oblong shape because it is already in motion. If it's a spherical shape, has it been kicked yet? You can't prove it at 25fps. They either need to build in tolerance ala cricket or extremely high rate FPS cameras just for offside. Easier to make a daylight rule and ease the job of the linesman, speed up VAR as you don't need to be a forensic scientist and also make it more than likely the goal will stand so you don't ruin the joy for fans
    I don't see how the daylight rule would change anything. There would still be marginal decisions where someone is off by 1mm.

Quote Originally Posted by marky View Post
    Tbf they should have probably had one penalty when Ashley Young clearly handled it but they need to remember how they got promoted.
    Don't tend to take much notice of what Florist do, but I've heard this issue about their promotion several times. What happened?

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    I don't see how the daylight rule would change anything. There would still be marginal decisions where someone is off by 1mm.
    Because there is a margin of error, if it's clear the player is ahead, no one is bothered

When i take my black & white specs off and watch the 3 decisions against Forest I know they could all have been given and we will see identical situations treated differently before the PL season is finished. The third one as highlighted on MotD2 is criminal from VAR.
    Whilst we can chuckle at Forest's discomfort we know only too well how poor the standard of refereeing is in our leagues.

Offside is a great example of VAR working well MO. It doesn't matter if it's a toenail or 5 yards, if it's off it's off.
    That isnt always the case though Driller as there is a new rule if the lines overlap that means the attacker in some cases can be very very slightly offside.

That is BS as you say offside is offside or should be.

Offside is a great example of VAR working well MO. It doesn't matter if it's a toenail or 5 yards, if it's off it's off.
    With the new technology the offside law needs changing..if anypart of the player is on side then it should be a goal...promoting and rewarding attacking football not rewarding negativity as it does at present.

I hope as a Notts fan I never have to experience watching us with VAR. I obviously want to see us climbing the divisions but when I look at Forest I think would I enjoy being a Forest fan that much at the mo?
    The thought regardless of being on the prem of trying to scrap for points every season and when we did score waiting to see if it was going to be allowed just doesn’t seem that appealing.
    Last edited by SwalePie; 22-04-2024 at 10:21 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by PedroTheFisherman66 View Post
    With the new technology the offside law needs changing..if anypart of the player is on side then it should be a goal...promoting and rewarding attacking football not rewarding negativity as it does at present.
    That’s not for VAR or the refs to do though. They interpret the laws as they are not what they should be.
    It’s funny that folk only moan when it’s an offside goal is not given. No one ever moans that a goal given offside and the player is found to be a gnats knacker on side and is given.
    As for the 3 ‘penalties’ - I have seen them all and quite frankly they are all 50-50. If the ref had given them, I’m not sure they’d be overturned. For me they come under the not clear and obvious. The handball one was probably the easiest one that could have been referred, however, the proximity of You g to the player crossing possibly saved him.

To add. My feeling that the tweet is aimed at trying to support there points deduction appeal. ‘Look at all these points we could have got if refs/VAR got decisions correct’. It smacks of desperation.

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast