+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Middlesbrough - v - Leeds United *** Matchday Thread***

So you think our plan was to retreat and let them score in the last 5 minutes and almost equalise.

The second half was a very odd set up.

Tactics & strategies ?

To be fair Farke set out a particular strategy from day one with the current squad players & that strategy set the foundation for our tactics to be implemented during games.

Strategy defined his long-term goals & how the club planned to achieve them.
    His tactics visually are quite "concrete" if you watch many of our games over again.

Obviously we can switch between attacking & defensive tactics based on match situations hoping to exploit or minimize risks which Farke leaves the short-term decision making processes to the players during the game & some times it shows ! 😊
    From the touchlines you can often see him involved if he's wanting more intricate movements & formations that we need at certain times in a match 'tho.

To be fair i aint gonna worry too much over it as our position is defo decent with the players we have currently to carry out Farkes defined season strategy via his preferred tactical regimes.

But Championship football is a different game to PL & suppose its still small steps to building that elusive strategy required for consistent success. 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Pure chance unfortunately.
    I doubt that if allowing them to attack us, was ever a plan.
    according to Farke it wasn't pure chance - he said he modified the tactics at half time to stop a repeat of the basket ball ish first half.

[QUOTE=WTF11;40494201]Dont disagree with the vast majority of what you say (surprise, surprise), but (not so surprising!), Der Fuhrer may not be able to dictate what others do, although as you say he SHOULD plan to counter it. Fact is, since the end of March when we drew against Watford, we haven't managed in any way shape or form to overcome teams who sit back, the result against Dull being singularly lucky in many ways, certainly NOT as a result of a modified "plan" to overcome a team who weren't exactly on the front foot.

Surely it's not unreasonable to expect the manager to have such plans, working on the (again) not unreasonable assumption that not every team will want (or be able) to mix it as more capable teams have? We have plenty of past experience where there wasn't a plan B, and we know how it ended. If promotion is to be gained (and I acknowledge there are some who aren't entirely enthused) then we need to have that plan B, and Mondays win showed some evidence that it exists (or was it just pure chance, if so not exactly reassuring).[/QUO

I think from what he says at press conferences that he does have plans to counter the opposition tactic of parking the bus, but sometimes doesnt have either the players to do so available [Not that I beleieve every word he says] or - not that he said this - but we don't posses players with enough quality to break down opposing defences - Rutter for example was unplayable earlier in the season - now he has lost form and loses the ball virtually every time he gets it - he has a nasty habit of NEVER laying a ball off first time - he ALWAYS seems to want to control it, beat a man or five then pass it - not only does that not help us quickly get past a packed defence - against Borough he managed on two occasons to lose the ball when receiving a throw in from Byram - one of which led directly to their second goal.
    My big cririsism of Farke is his unwillingness to get subs on when its patently obvious to everyone that either things are not working, or that we need fresh legs [Lost count of the times i've watched Bamford ploughing a lone furrow up front and looking like he is running in custard] to affect the outcome of the game, and the lack of minutes for Joffy and Joseph is baffling to say the least.

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    according to Farke it wasn't pure chance - he said he modified the tactics at half time to stop a repeat of the basket ball ish first half.
    Modified the tactics?
    Catch yerself on
    Last edited by Billyni; 26-04-2024 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco_Totty View Post
    Tactics & strategies ?

To be fair Farke set out a particular strategy from day one with the current squad players & that strategy set the foundation for our tactics to be implemented during games.

Strategy defined his long-term goals & how the club planned to achieve them.
    His tactics visually are quite "concrete" if you watch many of our games over again.

Obviously we can switch between attacking & defensive tactics based on match situations hoping to exploit or minimize risks which Farke leaves the short-term decision making processes to the players during the game & some times it shows ! ��
    From the touchlines you can often see him involved if he's wanting more intricate movements & formations that we need at certain times in a match 'tho.

To be fair i aint gonna worry too much over it as our position is defo decent with the players we have currently to carry out Farkes defined season strategy via his preferred tactical regimes.

But Championship football is a different game to PL & suppose its still small steps to building that elusive strategy required for consistent success. ��
    Tactics and strategies my arse.

[QUOTE=Tichi1;40494847]
    Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Dont disagree with the vast majority of what you say (surprise, surprise), but (not so surprising!), Der Fuhrer may not be able to dictate what others do, although as you say he SHOULD plan to counter it. Fact is, since the end of March when we drew against Watford, we haven't managed in any way shape or form to overcome teams who sit back, the result against Dull being singularly lucky in many ways, certainly NOT as a result of a modified "plan" to overcome a team who weren't exactly on the front foot.

Surely it's not unreasonable to expect the manager to have such plans, working on the (again) not unreasonable assumption that not every team will want (or be able) to mix it as more capable teams have? We have plenty of past experience where there wasn't a plan B, and we know how it ended. If promotion is to be gained (and I acknowledge there are some who aren't entirely enthused) then we need to have that plan B, and Mondays win showed some evidence that it exists (or was it just pure chance, if so not exactly reassuring).[/QUO

I think from what he says at press conferences that he does have plans to counter the opposition tactic of parking the bus, but sometimes doesnt have either the players to do so available [Not that I beleieve every word he says] or - not that he said this - but we don't posses players with enough quality to break down opposing defences - Rutter for example was unplayable earlier in the season - now he has lost form and loses the ball virtually every time he gets it - he has a nasty habit of NEVER laying a ball off first time - he ALWAYS seems to want to control it, beat a man or five then pass it - not only does that not help us quickly get past a packed defence - against Borough he managed on two occasons to lose the ball when receiving a throw in from Byram - one of which led directly to their second goal.
    My big cririsism of Farke is his unwillingness to get subs on when its patently obvious to everyone that either things are not working, or that we need fresh legs [Lost count of the times i've watched Bamford ploughing a lone furrow up front and looking like he is running in custard] to affect the outcome of the game, and the lack of minutes for Joffy and Joseph is baffling to say the least.
    My big critcism of Der Fuhrer is that he isn't competent to get LUFC promoted, and whilst I have my doubts about promotion in principle, I understand why it NEEDS to be achieved. He isn't the man to do it, and should we (as expected) fail this season, it will be many (and not under his management) before we might challenge again.

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)