+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Forest flames...

Red face Forest flames...

It seems like Burnley & Forest share a joint disbelief in how good (or bad) the VAR and PGMOL combination operates...

An official NFFC statement yesterday; "Three extremely poor decisions - three penalties not given - which we simply cannot accept. We warned the PGMOL that the VAR is a Luton fan before the game but they didn’t change him. Our patience has been tested multiple times. NFFC will now consider its options."

If this season does go down to the wire it will be mightily interesting to see which referee is at Turf Moor for the ultimate in relegation deciders.

I watched the match BT and at least 2 of those were stonewall penalties.Forest have a point.However neither team deserved anything from the game.They were unbelievably shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by ClaretinBudapest View Post
    I watched the match BT and at least 2 of those were stonewall penalties.Forest have a point.However neither team deserved anything from the game.They were unbelievably shocking.
    I thought all three would have been given against us CiB.

Forest have really opened up the can of worms and good for them, it will be interesting watching Dermott Gallagher wriggle and squirm on Ref Watch this morning, as he tries to explain this latest batch of blatantly wrong decisions away.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    It seems like Burnley & Forest share a joint disbelief in how good (or bad) the VAR and PGMOL combination operates...

An official NFFC statement yesterday; "Three extremely poor decisions - three penalties not given - which we simply cannot accept. We warned the PGMOL that the VAR is a Luton fan before the game but they didn’t change him. Our patience has been tested multiple times. NFFC will now consider its options."

If this season does go down to the wire it will be mightily interesting to see which referee is at Turf Moor for the ultimate in relegation deciders.
    Easy decision for Howard Webb and his team ----Appoint Stuart Attwell to the game and tell the clubs, particularly Nottingham Forest, to get on with it.
    Remember who their owner is? He owns OLympiakos, who we played in Europe in 2018. It was reported that he went into the referee's room at half time when we played them and this resulted in penalties being given and Gibson being sent off.
    https://www.si.com/soccer/2018/08/25...gainst-burnley

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Forest have really opened up the can of worms and good for them, it will be interesting watching Dermott Gallagher wriggle and squirm on Ref Watch this morning, as he tries to explain this latest batch of blatantly wrong decisions away.
    What has transpired with VAR this season is truly appalling and I hope someone really runs with this story (whether you sympathise or not with Forest) and lifts the lid on football. A thorough examination is surely due of a web of corruption and deceit that has toxified this game and disgusted true fans everywhere.

The idea that something is corrupt, whilst i would love to see it investigated, will surely be brushed aside. It wouldn't surprise me to see NFFC issued a fine and the whole thing goes away. Somehow the powers that be seem untouchable.

While VAR has caused far more controversy, rather than reduce such by defining what had actually transpired.

I think the Nottingam Forest tweet was aimed more at pressurising the appeals panel to reduce their points deduction, but it could be a true frustation at the poor quality of officials seen in the Premier League theis season.

Yet when Burnley was denied a good goal, when VAR intervened at our match earlier in the season, Nottingham Forest were supporting VAR.

You can all call me a "Tin Foil Hatter" if you like, but I genuinely hold the view that the EPL and the PGMOL embrace a genuine belief that small town football teams like “little old Burnley” have no place in their big money league. A wide variety of bizarre decisions imposed on the Burnley team by PGMOL match officials during this current season have meant that Vincent Kompany is presented with the almost impossible task of keeping the Clarets in the English Premier League.

The Clarets have just four games left to save their season and you can bet your bottom dollar that a PGMOL appointed match official will find a way to end Burnley Football Club’s tenure in the English Premier League. Manchester United and Tottenham are coming up next for the Clarets and which Burnley fan can possibly forget the last time the Clarets needed three points at the Tottenham Hotspur Stadium to stave off relegation?

You might recall the referee/VAR combination denied Burnley three relegation saving points by awarding Spurs a penalty at least three minutes after the alleged offence when the ball was in open play. I have never seen Ashley Barnes so angry and that really is saying something! A Harry Kane penalty spot conversion meant 3 points became 1 point and Burnley were subsequently relegated.

It seems like the VAR/PGMOL conspiracy theory is not confined to Burnley Football Club either. Nottingham Forest had a proper rant following their 2-0 defeat at Goodison Park. "Three extremely poor decisions - three penalties not given - which we simply cannot accept. We warned the PGMOL that the VAR is a Luton fan before the game, but they didn't change him. Our patience has been tested multiple times. NFFC will now consider its options."

Clarets minority stakeholder and ex-NFL star JJ Watt also said, "At the beginning when I invested, you'd heard things from the fans that referees go against small town clubs, and I thought 'Sure, sure'. I'm a player and we complained about referees all the time. But then as the season starts to go on, you think that there are a lot of interesting things happening [with decisions].
    "I've gone on X before and I don't know how the fines system works over here, I play dumb sometimes 'I don't know how this works, but these refs are pretty bad'. I know Vincent and Alan [Pace] can't say it, but I'll take the hit."

Conspiracy theorists or not, but something has to be done to save our once beautiful game. VAR is fuelling controversy and not calming it. The watchwords must be “Clear and obvious”, for the life in me the sort of “He’s offside by a toenail” decisions to overturn important goals cannot be deemed a clear and obvious necessity for a VAR review. Otherwise Manchester City would be playing Coventry City in this season’s FA Cup Final and not Manchester United.

Name:  VAR.jpg
Views: 117
Size:  26.7 KB

And yet, the most dubious decision against us this season was allowing the Luton goal when Trafford was blatantly taken out and the VAR Assistant Ref was ignored as he tried to suggest that maybe they were getting it wrong. The alleged beneficiaries of the Forest debacle are the very same Luton and yet Luton are a smaller club than either Forest or Burnley. This conspiracy to relegate the smaller clubs seems to be benefitting the smallest club in the League.

I still tend to side with Cock Up rather than Conspiracy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)