+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Matchday thread: The Big One, Derby v Carlisle

Matchday thread: The Big One, Derby v Carlisle

On paper, an obvious Derby win

But we've dipped out on the last day before (Reading, Jesus wept)

And Carlisle have done both Bolton and Peterborough away

Etc etc, oh you soothsayers

I'm going for an early goal setting up an emphatic Derby win (3-0) and Forsyth brought on in the 89th minute to massive applause

5 niller..I'll get one right

Strangely their record against top teams is good but crap against the lower teams. This is their swansong before entering the muddy waters of L2 and, with 2000 fans enjoying the day out, they will be freewheeling. We need to stay focused, still plenty of banana skins out there.

What was wrong with the Carlisle Matchday thread I started on the 25th of March? Absolutely no need for a duplicate

IMO, and what do I know, the staff and players have put a season of hard work in to get to where we are and they will be acutely aware of Carlisle's record against the better sides and that the outcome is anything but guaranteed. Whatever XI we put out, you just know they will know that we have to take the game to Carlisle and put them under the cosh from the 1st minute. Forget Reading and similar last day failings from the past. We will be going for this, big time.

3-0 Derby.

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    Strangely their record against top teams is good but crap against the lower teams. This is their swansong before entering the muddy waters of L2 and, with 2000 fans enjoying the day out, they will be freewheeling. We need to stay focused, still plenty of banana skins out there.
    Absolutely right. Take nothing for granted…but Simmo wouldn’t do that to us…would he?

God I hope not…an early Derby goal would be more than welcome…3-1 Derby, a few scares but job done.

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    What was wrong with the Carlisle Matchday thread I started on the 25th of March? Absolutely no need for a duplicate

IMO, and what do I know, the staff and players have put a season of hard work in to get to where we are and they will be acutely aware of Carlisle's record against the better sides and that the outcome is anything but guaranteed. Whatever XI we put out, you just know they will know that we have to take the game to Carlisle and put them under the cosh from the 1st minute. Forget Reading and similar last day failings from the past. We will be going for this, big time.

3-0 Derby.
    Your thread referred to a non existent game last year???

Peterborough manager already says he's resting players now, so Bolton have a free hit at us. They win by 2, and we lose by 2, and it's playoffs for the Rams. So no fat lady yet.
    I'll go for a Rams win, 3-1.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    Your thread referred to a non existent game last year???
    Fat fingered typing.

Oh ye of little faith - Peterborough still ahve an outside chance of 2nd place as it stands, they will be looking to win their last 2 games.

But in any case, Derby are not going to lose 2-0 to Carlisle, we are going up with a win 2-0 is my prediction.

Will I be the forum flagbearer on Satdeh at PP or will others also be present.

AF West Stand possibly?

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)