+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Matchday thread: The Big One, Derby v Carlisle

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    Back home in NL after a massive weekend. First beer Saturday at 5 at Schiphol Airport. Got to Derby station at 0905. Dropped case off at the Aston Court and off the Neppy by 0930. By this time, I already knew with 100% certainty that we would be going up in the automatic place. How? The lift at Birmingham Airport to the monorail to get to the station told me so. A voice said "doors opening" and they opened. The voice then said "doors closing" and they closed. That same voice then said "going up". It was written in the stars with such a prophecy. The club would, absolutely guaranteed, be "in the lift"

True story that, By the way.

Loved the way the advertising boards facing the fans kept displaying the message "stay off the pitch" all game. A message reinforced by the stadium speaker every 10 minutes. Then fans got closer and closer and closer and 2 minutes from time came the words... "please wait for the final whistle before going on the pitch

Only possible issue might be that the fans didn't wait. The 4th official showed 4 minutes of extra time. The storming of the field happened on 92 minutes and 10 seconds. Nice touch was that many fans, me included, took the time to applaud the Carlisle fans who were vociferous to the end.

Pitch celebrations were brilliant. Nice few words from Bird. Matt McGibbon then wished him well for next season with the exception of 2 games, naturally. Back on the Neppy bus for more embibing. The Neppy was as bonecrushingly full as the Popside was on the day we beat Spurs 5-0. Left there about half 6 as I had to go back to check into the hotel as that wasn't possible when I first got there. From there, the Widows was as packed as the Neppy so I moved on to the Brunswick which was pretty empty. A few quiet ones in there, back to the hotel for a nightcap and then bed. Happy as a pig in ****.

10:00 Sunday mourning saw me back in the Neppy. Only half a dozen in there. Kim, behind the bar was glad it wasn't busy. She's done 9 till 9 the day before, had a couple herself before going home, couldn't sleep and only managed about 4 hours of sleep due to constantly waking up. Just after 12, back to the hotel to pick up my case, train to Brum airport, couple of beers and an all day brunch in 'Spoons there and back home.

Excellent weekend. Can't wait for next season... but, like everyone else, I'll have to.

I fully expect we'll know some time this week, which of the out of contract players will be offered a new one. I fully expect around 10 to be seeking a new employer. Whoever they are, wherever they go, they will be remembered for their part in this success.

With regard to B4, before dcfcfans existed he posted on the DT board till that went mammaries up and then on the COYR site where he first wrote of scavers and flanges. Scavers morphing into Scraves when he moved to dcfcfans. Grand lad, at one point he was having difficulty getting a job as he couldn't put a CV together. I was trying to help him, remotely, with that until Elaine Dean stepped in and, being closer to hand, could finish the job more efficiently. B4 took loyalty and enthusiasm to a whole new level. There'll never be another.
    As Wallace said to Gromit that were 'a grand day out lad'!

Let's hope that next season produces more of the same, I've quite enjoyed the 🍻🍻🍻🍾🍾🍾🍷🍷🍷if not the🤕🤮

Might we have won 3-0 if VAR had been in use? The Adams disallowed goal. Was that wrongly disallowed? He was definitely in an offside position when Sibs (?) shot. A defender then put in a block on the shot, the ball went into the air and Adams acrobatically volleyed it into the net. The defender had purposely blocked the shot. That played Adams on, didn't it?

I remember earlier this season a Mo Salah goal that caused a lot of discussion. IIRC it was a free kick from the left, Salah was in an offside position, as the ball came in, a defender jumped and attempted to head the ball away, however, it merely glanced off the top of his bonce and dropped to Salah, who was still stood in an offside position, who put it away. Not sure whether the flag went up or not but VAR looked at and said, in perfect accordance with the offside Law, that the defender had purposely played the ball and, therefore, Salah was not offside.

Same circumstances as Ebou's disallowed goal...

Might we have won 3-0 if VAR had been in use? The Adams disallowed goal. Was that wrongly disallowed? He was definitely in an offside position when Sibs (?) shot. A defender then put in a block on the shot, the ball went into the air and Adams acrobatically volleyed it into the net. The defender had purposely blocked the shot. That played Adams on, didn't it?

I remember earlier this season a Mo Salah goal that caused a lot of discussion. IIRC it was a free kick from the left, Salah was in an offside position, as the ball came in, a defender jumped and attempted to head the ball away, however, it merely glanced off the top of his bonce and dropped to Salah, who was still stood in an offside position, who put it away. Not sure whether the flag went up or not but VAR looked at and said, in perfect accordance with the offside Law, that the defender had purposely played the ball and, therefore, Salah was not offside.

I'd say your right. Oh well we have it seems VAR to "enjoy" next season!!!

I’d worked out the same using the same historical event, which was a very rare dip by me into prem action

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    I'd say your right. Oh well we have it seems VAR to "enjoy" next season!!!
    That VAR in the Champ "news" was an April fool's joke. If you read the first letter of each line in the article it spelled Aprilfool

That VAR in the Champ "news" was an April fool's joke. If you read the first letter of each line in the article it spelled Aprilfool
    I'm amazed that joke got traction.
    Looks like Ipswich have secured a double promotion, could be us next!

I actually hadn't spotted you had mentioned it, I read that the EFL were to use VAR and having gone back to the article realise it was referring to the playoff finals, it was first used last season and will be this season, which I hadn't realised, but then my interest in the play offs last season ended on the last day of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Ramshank72 View Post
    I'm amazed that joke got traction.
    Looks like Ipswich have secured a double promotion, could be us next!
    Well for a n outlay over two seasons of around ^.5 million, Ipswich have done very well to beat the likes of Leeds, Southampton and Norwich with much greater budgets.

It shows what can be done with a good coach and good recruitment. I thin they had 3 or 4 good quality prem league loans in their squad. I'm not expecting Warne to manage that though, but who knows?

£6.5 million!!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)