+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Mr Collins Sacked

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    Not for me SB , I believe that the majority of our fan base are not daft and can see where the blame for the current situation lies and no matter what happens this season if we want to progress then look no further than the corridors of power.
    I agree Shads. Tha'd evvto gerrup very early to pillak Barnsley fooak.

Barnsley fans will not be taken in by any of the types of PR Win Win that may well be spun depending on Saturday's outcome.

I was meaning this is how Parekh and Co would like it to pan out.

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    The football being played was like watching Man City with inferior players! Tap it around defence with an occasional flurry forward, the difference being we lose the ball and get punished, Man City don't lose the ball and score loads of goals! I hate watching Man City and Barnsley because it's boring as hell.
    I'm glad he's gone because something has to change to bring excitement back, last season under duff was exciting football whatever anyone thinks of him, I'd sooner lose 3-2 at an exciting game than lose 3-2 watching the way Collins had us playing!
    Hope they bring Warnock in for the play off's if we get there, can't see it though!
    Totally agree. There is no excitement. I think you get the lack of it more when you are sat in the ground (no digs here btwJ Its totally different for me watching ifollow away games to the home games in the ground….even when we have played decent away.….excitement isnt there. Its also been horrible in the ground this season, because as you say, its been boring.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    I totally get where you're coming from Jules. I respect your view of things and your opinions.

My point was that these things take time. Learning to be comfortable on the ball and either retaining it or using it in a positive fashion isn't easy when you are league 1. When you think about Viv Anderson walking through the Oakwell door in 1993 wanting to change the way we did things, it wasn't easy and it was a tough season and difficult to watch. However, we persevered and Wilson took the reigns and continued the same ethos by passing the ball. 4 years later we had the season of all seasons.

I'm not saying Collins could've emulated that but the idea was right in my opinion.

The problem with our club is that as you said Jules, fresh seeds get planted every year. We also have another head coach every season with different ideas. The 'Barnsley way' as Nudger puts it doesn't exist. It's just a myth. This begs the question, where's the continuity?

There's no integrity in football. A Board of directors appoints a head coach with the hope that he will be successful. 45 games in they suddenly decide he's not good enough and sack him with the team 5th in the table. The fact that they only gave Collins a 2 year contract says it all to me. It proves that they can't back their spreadsheet system. This isn't a football club anymore. It's a business, a cut throat business with no integrity.

SACK THE BOARD.
    I tnink i have reconciled to myself in the head, to the fact that there will be new seeds every year now, going forwards, The chances of a sustained build isnt going to happen. I treat the match as a day out……I will enjoy the good matches, or passages of play or goals, but not going to expect progression. It will will happen or not.
    B ugger it. Football is being ruined anyway, why go higher to experience the sh1t that is VAR.
    Last edited by Jules88; 23-04-2024 at 03:40 PM.

Well I can't wait for Saturday in light of Collins sacking , De Gevingney , Earl and Williams with suddenly become strong , physical and bully the Northampton forwards , Cotter will gain a yard on his marker and whip the ball in to the box almost Eadenesque without hitting the first defender what so ever .

Cole will end his poor spell in front of goal and rifle home a hat trick within 20 minutes .

The substitutes will be made astutely , Cosgrove will hold the ball up brilliantly , McCart will see out any lingering danger Northampton threaten especially from set pieces and our overall game management will benefit massively without Collins c@cking everything up .

The talk after the resounding victory that secures our play off place will be " if they had done it sooner we'd have won the league " whilst train tickets and hotels get booked for Wembley .

All the above will happen because it's always better to go in to the biggest game of the season without the HC who got you the points to qualify for the play offs , almost every club does it , Ipswich Town , Leicester City and Leeds United will almost certainly sack their HC's within the next 10 days .

Aye and once we fail, (if we fail) to gain a playoff place the FA will release their long awaited decision on the ownership fiasco deducting us points that wont matter anyway.

Its a great game isnt it?

Crikey, talk about slit your throats? You’re in the play offs, you’ll see the Cobblers off, they have nothing to play for just waiting for the season to end. Cheer up guys footballs a funny game and anything can happen. I’m expecting Wanderers to finish 3rd so we probably wouldn’t play you in the semis but I can wait until the final to get retribution for last year. ��

Quote Originally Posted by BarnsleyWhites View Post
    Crikey, talk about slit your throats? You’re in the play offs, you’ll see the Cobblers off, they have nothing to play for just waiting for the season to end. Cheer up guys footballs a funny game and anything can happen. I’m expecting Wanderers to finish 3rd so we probably wouldn’t play you in the semis but I can wait until the final to get retribution for last year. ��
    Wait while the FA sack Gareth Southgate on the eve of the Euro Final in Germany in the summer .

The game is always evolving and I think we are on to something here .

If you want to make a contest of it Whites at Wembley I suggest you get shut of Evatt pretty sharpish .

Quote Originally Posted by Jules88 View Post
    Totally agree. There is no excitement. I think you get the lack of it more when you are sat in the ground (no digs here btwJ Its totally different for me watching ifollow away games to the home games in the ground….even when we have played decent away.….excitement isnt there. Its also been horrible in the ground this season, because as you say, its been boring.
    I have been to matches this season Jules and stopped going because bloody boring to watch, I wake up Saturday morning and think should I stick my shirt on and go? Under Duff I would have gone without hesitation because you sat in the ground thinking everyone was behind them, it was mostly exciting and you could feel the passion from the players to the stands! Under Collins I though arghhhh no I’ll stick I follow on and have a beer at home! Mainly because I felt why should I pay to go and watch the rubbish on offer and listen to silence from the stands? Not once did I hear a song break out declaring “we’ve got super Neil Collins” or “Collins is our king” that’s because the supporters can see he wasn’t up to it, fielding weird starting line ups, employing boring tactics or making STUPID substitution’s, the fan base never took to him at all, to be successful you need a connection but he came over to me like his team BORING!
    FFS we have always been a club that doesn’t mind being beaten if you can see the players giving it a real go, they were simply not playing for him, probably because they were as bored as me playing his style.
    The only games I enjoyed this season were Derby and Bolton at home and I went because I wanted to see Pines, no other reason! But again when we played Bolton as we have in a lot of games this season, he changed it with inferior players off the bench and when Bolton changed they over ran us and got a point! I’ve lost count of how many games Collins lost us points by his tinkering, don’t get me wrong he had to at times either because McAtee was tired after running his blood to water, or injuries, but sometimes he’s done it for no reason, playing defenders in midfield, dropping McAttee into midfield, playing Williams in the centre, why we didn’t keep Shepherd or McCarthy here so he could keep Williams on the right is a mystery, but it came back to bite us when Pines got injured.
    I’m glad he’s gone, I hope Disco gets a tune out of them on Saturday and I think he will, he could well get us promoted and end up being given the job permanently which a lot of us wanted before Collins was appointed, time will tell.
    Last edited by perkytyke; 23-04-2024 at 07:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post

Parekh is hoping to generate positive emotion for the last game under Devaney and get fans buying early bird Season Tickets. He could well extend the deadline a week or two.

Early Bird deadline extended by a month to May 24th, a week after Play Off Final

Season Ticket sales must have gone through the floor.

Quote Originally Posted by perkytyke View Post
    I have been to matches this season Jules and stopped going because bloody boring to watch, I wake up Saturday morning and think should I stick my shirt on and go? Under Duff I would have gone without hesitation because you sat in the ground thinking everyone was behind them, it was mostly exciting and you could feel the passion from the players to the stands! Under Collins I though arghhhh no I’ll stick I follow on and have a beer at home! Mainly because I felt why should I pay to go and watch the rubbish on offer and listen to silence from the stands? Not once did I hear a song break out declaring “we’ve got super Neil Collins” or “Collins is our king” that’s because the supporters can see he wasn’t up to it, fielding weird starting line ups, employing boring tactics or making STUPID substitution’s, the fan base never took to him at all, to be successful you need a connection but he came over to me like his team BORING!
    FFS we have always been a club that doesn’t mind being beaten if you can see the players giving it a real go, they were simply not playing for him, probably because they were as bored as me playing his style.
    The only games I enjoyed this season were Derby and Bolton at home and I went because I wanted to see Pines, no other reason! But again when we played Bolton as we have in a lot of games this season, he changed it with inferior players off the bench and when Bolton changed they over ran us and got a point! I’ve lost count of how many games Collins lost us points by his tinkering, don’t get me wrong he had to at times either because McAtee was tired after running his blood to water, or injuries, but sometimes he’s done it for no reason, playing defenders in midfield, dropping McAttee into midfield, playing Williams in the centre, why we didn’t keep Shepherd or McCarthy here so he could keep Williams on the right is a mystery, but it came back to bite us when Pines got injured.
    I’m glad he’s gone, I hope Disco gets a tune out of them on Saturday and I think he will, he could well get us promoted and end up being given the job permanently which a lot of us wanted before Collins was appointed, time will tell.
    But what can possibly change in one game Perky ? , Disco and Stead are still coaching the squad .

Surely you make the change after the final game , whatever that maybe including losing a Play Off Final .

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast