+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: You'll see me in court

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    Was it corrupt and rigged in your play off final?
    Probably.
    THE hUDDERSFIELD FANS SAID IT WAS - I didn't want to belive it then, but after 2 seasons in the prem, I do now.

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    On two different telly channels 2 refs have both said that the first two were not, under the present guidance, pennos but the 3rd deffo was. On MOTD the footie pundits said exactly the same.
    Yet I can counter that with examples given by VAR for exactgly the same situation. Spurs were robbed a goal yesterday.

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Very strange definition of ‘bent’ Tricky.

As regards your match against Everton you got one dreadful decision against you. The other two were exactly as mac describes.

In the Coventry case…the argument is that it wasn’t a ‘clear and obvious’ error…but if the goal had been given the only difference would be that it would be United fans up in arms and you saying ‘change that image by a frame and it was on’ is ridiculous.

Why is it in their best interests to have an all Manchester final? Some of the most eagerly awaited finals…eg Leeds v Sunderland, Liverpool v Wimbledon and Coventry v Spurs have been those involving clear underdogs. The battle of the sky blue Cities…underdogs v rich kids…would have been eminently sellable and wouldn’t have involved any of the logistical problems involved in one northern city relocating to Wembley for the day.

You seem a tad paranoid about it all and honestly…IF we go up - hopefully by this time tomorrow - the presence of VAR next season will be the least of my worries.
    FGS RA, follow the money.

Is UTD bigger draw world wide than Coventry?
    Will sponsors flood in for advertising and TV in the far east for Coventry?

Quote Originally Posted by swaledale View Post
    IN a choice between conspiracy and cockup, the sensible thinking is generally cockup. That Tricky thinks its a conspiracy rather sums up the way he thinks IMO.
    Funny how half the league claim its rigged though isn't it?
    Funny how the way you think as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    FGS RA, follow the money.

Is UTD bigger draw world wide than Coventry?
    Will sponsors flood in for advertising and TV in the far east for Coventry?
    Of course Man.Utd are normally a bigger attraction than Coventry but this is the FA Cup Final…it sells itself and the (admittedly unlikely) possibility of a giant killing is just as attractive to the neutral as yet another Manchester derby.

Either way…your suggestion was that it’s all ‘rigged’ which seems highly unlikely to me.

Probably.
    THE hUDDERSFIELD FANS SAID IT WAS - I didn't want to belive it then, but after 2 seasons in the prem, I do now.
    Thing is there was an article in your local Nottingham Post, showing the table, points etc if VAR didn't exist and it showed you in the same position but with 1 less point. So probably demonstrates that you recall, as we are all guilty of , those decisions that go against you but not the ones that go for you.

Quote Originally Posted by SithHappens View Post
    Thing is there was an article in your local Nottingham Post, showing the table, points etc if VAR didn't exist and it showed you in the same position but with 1 less point. So probably demonstrates that you recall, as we are all guilty of , those decisions that go against you but not the ones that go for you.
    Disagree sir, as not all bad decisions are referred to VAR, as they should be.
    Take the last one at Everton. They claim that there was no dialogue with var, as it would conveniently expose that.
    VAR is supposed to rule out mistakes. Really?

In order of fairness, this is 6 months old. VAR IS DODGY, depending who it is and who is viewing it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hKx_...l=RealRedsTalk

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Of course Man.Utd are normally a bigger attraction than Coventry but this is the FA Cup Final…it sells itself and the (admittedly unlikely) possibility of a giant killing is just as attractive to the neutral as yet another Manchester derby.

Either way…your suggestion was that it’s all ‘rigged’ which seems highly unlikely to me.
    That's your opinion, I suppose.
    Now its in the Champs, we'll see if your opinion still stands in 12 months. You said all this over the Police faults I pointed out to you.

A year ago and the PGMOL still denies anything is wrong, despite all the half arsed apologies. https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/65320917

That's your opinion, I suppose.
    Now its in the Champs, we'll see if your opinion still stands in 12 months. You said all this over the Police faults I pointed out to you.
    Tricky…no one is denying that VAR, or it’s implementation at least, has certain flaws…that the standard of officiating in football is not all it should be…and, to acknowledge your most tenuous of links, that there are a minority of bad police officers. It’s your - and your football club’s - conspiratorial leap to everything being ‘bent’ and ‘rigged’ when things don’t go your way that is being questioned.

As regards VAR in the Championship…I welcome the likelihood of more accurate decisions although I have reservations about its impact on the game’s/crowd’s spontaneity. Having said that, as someone who probably watches more rugby than football at this time of year, I’ve grown quite used to seeing about 25% of major decisions about eight times from four different angles before a final decision is reached. As I’ve said before, RL, RU and cricket fans seem to be able to handle it.

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)