I’m sure we were all feeling the same at times on Saturday about the potential for this game. Rovers had been back to type the night before with an unbelievably jammy win, we were struggling to break Ayr down, the gap was maybe about to drop to four points and with them away to Morton on the Saturday, the prospect of Airdrie away, on plastic, was giving the potential of the nightmare scenario of the gap being down to one by the time of the final game against Thistle and the last match shootout was on.

Well happily that has not come to pass so slide on that you six fingered LUCKY Fife c@nts. Not sure what team will start now given where we’re at. I wouldn’t be surprised to see the likes of Mochrie and Meekison start as I suspect he’ll keep back the main starters for the well deserved celebration the next week against Thistle. Maybe even Rory McLeod may be seen. Thankfully we’re at a point where I don’t know and maybe don’t actually care, as we’ve done it and that is all that matters.

Ticket sales incredible BTW. Only went on sale yesterday morning and 1800 gone already and I suspect the allocated away stand will be sold by Thursday or so with the potential for the stand behind one of the goals to be opened up to accommodate. What a support we have, we really do. Given the events of the last 24 months to be pulling crowds that are actually increasing is amazing in itself. That sna’ is defying gravity and remaining firmly stuck to the dyke.