+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Airdrie (A)

I don’t care how we did it, but we did it. We are officially over the line. Having seen Raith jam their way to some unbelievable/ridiculous/scandalous results, that last night was probably our only one of the season. Airdrie were much better and deserved more - but then again, who cares? BTW as mentioned previously I think that’s the only time in the League this season where Walton has genuinely earned his corn. He got us the point we needed, the rest looked half pished.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    We needed a point and got it. Champions.

Our defense this season has been class and last night Walton also showed his. Be a real coup if we can get him to stay.

The fact we've changed our defense, almost completely, over the last weeks of the season and strung together so many clean sheets shows how good our squad was in the end.

Need to give credit to JG for the signing of McClelland. I wondered what is was all about at the time, especially when he then never played. But he's been a real rock in that defense since he came into the side. And Graham, we all knew he had this in him but wasn't given the chance.

Well done everyone, even last night.
    All of that is true. I just think last night (keeper aside) they could have put a bit more effort in to the game for the large travelling support. Part of my thoughts on last night is probably I feel bad for my mate who travelled up from the South of England for the game to witness a half hearted performance and didn't even get a chance to witness a lap of honour from the players because of the pitch invasion. Hopefully next Friday will be a more enjoyable occasion.

I’ll give them their due, Airdrie have been by far the best team we’ve played in the League this season. The stats from Xmas onwards back that up. They lack a cutting edge though.

Maybe I'm a bit old fashioned on this, seen all our trophy wins, so this 2 week party fest by the players isn't going down well with me.
    We've won the Championship not the fekin Champions League.
    Players talking about more partying this week as well.
    And as for nearly breaking the Airdrie crossbar, deary me.

The player clearout can't come fast enough for me if I'm honest, seen too many terrible performances this season.
    But I fear that clearout won't be comprehensive enough due to misplaced loyalty to some players by Goodwin.

I think too much is being made and it's bit of a cop out to put performance down to players partying, what would they have been partying, two days max? probably a bit of a mental drop off, combined with a poor performance which seems to come most matches docherty doesn't play, and coming up against a decent team.

Quote Originally Posted by Arabdownsouth View Post
    One positive is that Jack Walton has probably worked harder than any other game this season and has shown himself to be capable of stepping up.
    that's also what i took from this. I had concerns that I hadn't really seen him under pressure and tested by teams. He stood up to it and was MOTM. I'm much more at ease with him being number one for next season if he signs.

I would agree was a wee blessing to see him worked as hard as he was tonight. A solid keeper but theres plenty out there should he not be signed for financial reasons.

Thought it was the perfect game to see how macleod has been developing but not enough minutes given to tell. Mochrie failed in another start for him, just doesn't impose himself on the game.

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    I think too much is being made and it's bit of a cop out to put performance down to players partying, what would they have been partying, two days max? probably a bit of a mental drop off, combined with a poor performance which seems to come most matches docherty doesn't play, and coming up against a decent team.
    United forward Tony Watt added: “It’s a full season of hard work and we’ve now done it. It’s not an easy league to get out no matter what size of team you are. All the boys are absolutely buzzing. We’re going to soak it in and get ready for next season, but we’ll have a party until then.”

A real pro 🍺

Quote Originally Posted by bannon_ftd_83 View Post
    I would agree was a wee blessing to see him worked as hard as he was tonight. A solid keeper but theres plenty out there should he not be signed for financial reasons.

Thought it was the perfect game to see how macleod has been developing but not enough minutes given to tell. Mochrie failed in another start for him, just doesn't impose himself on the game.
    what ? He rolled his Ankle after about 15 mins spent the next 10 hobbling about the pitch

Some of the guys that moaned most about potentially not getting up or during the lean third quarter are now moaning we got over the line with a poor performance but a cleansheet against the best side in the league on their day outwith ourselves

That game changes nothing regarding thoughts on players or what's required next season as that was already known

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)