+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: In The Last 8 Months !!

In The Last 8 Months !!

1, Under investigation by the EFL for dodgy financial transactions that could lead to a points deduction or a fine .

2 , Kicked out of the FA Cup for fielding an illegible player in a 1st round replay that we won comfortably 3-0 .

3 , Sacking a HC with one game of the season remaining despite the fact he's had the team in the top 6 for 8 months .

4 , Not having an instant replacement in position due to the above despite the fact the club faces it's biggest and most important game of the season on Saturday which if successful could lead to promotion and a £12m pay day .

Can someone tell me why there isn't anger , protest and condemnation of the ownership by the supporters of this club ?

By all means go to Oakwell , renew your ST and support the team but for pitys sake people wake the feck up .

It's down to apathy Animal, a bigger killer of a football club than anger.

( The EFL Investigation mainly centres upon failing to inform the EFL who was in control at the club, lack of due diligence on owners and not acting with good faith towards the EFL regarding answers to questions. Many issues revolve around the Investor Group granting control to Conway and lack of transparency or reporting of this to the EFL )

And another for you.
    Austrian Coach Dominik Thalhammer set to be in charge of Saturdays game, Colins sacked before the game so he can take over.
    Not allowed to enter UK for Saturday's game.

Article by Alan Nixon sent to me by son on Whatsapp.

“By all means go to Oakwell , renew your ST and support the team but for pitys sake people wake the feck up .”

And do Just what though Animal? Nowt changes. It just doesnt. The owners aint gonna walk, just not gonna happen. Protests, flags, meetings, podcasts…… not gonna change a damn thing.

I have banged the drum all season on this forum about the owners not being up to running a football club & recent events support my opinion however as a Barnsley fan my support is unconditional , I have renewed my season ticket along with my grandsons & look forward to going to Oakwell every home game , I love the club but its the team that I support not the owners , hopefully they will be long gone whilst I still attend but football has always revolved in cycles & the old good with the bad comes into it for me , I might be in the minority but going to watch the reds is not all about the results for me and yes obviously I want them to win every match but its the afternoon out , its the occasion , its numerous things but the main thing is I actually want to go and support the team I love and if that is in the Premier league then that is fantastic but if it is in the Conference it makes no difference to me, I will be there because I have always and always will support the team I love.

Quote Originally Posted by Floridatyke View Post
    Article by Alan Nixon sent to me by son on Whatsapp.
    In Nixon we trust, well a gets a few right let’s hope it’s not this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Shadrack the Red View Post
    I have banged the drum all season on this forum about the owners not being up to running a football club & recent events support my opinion however as a Barnsley fan my support is unconditional , I have renewed my season ticket along with my grandsons & look forward to going to Oakwell every home game , I love the club but its the team that I support not the owners , hopefully they will be long gone whilst I still attend but football has always revolved in cycles & the old good with the bad comes into it for me , I might be in the minority but going to watch the reds is not all about the results for me and yes obviously I want them to win every match but its the afternoon out , its the occasion , its numerous things but the main thing is I actually want to go and support the team I love and if that is in the Premier league then that is fantastic but if it is in the Conference it makes no difference to me, I will be there because I have always and always will support the team I love.
    Similar feelings to mine I stayed away the season before last. Didn’t renew. Absolutely Missed it. I will still criticise board, players and the like though. , but am probably in the same mind as you.
    I also get folk who are staying away too, and why …. You can still support fervently and not attend… I did it for a good many years due to work…

Quote Originally Posted by POGGYWELL View Post
    In Nixon we trust, well a gets a few right let’s hope it’s not this one.
    I cant see a link to this article, am I missing something?

Also saw an article saying we were interested in Long Haul Mick returning to the club. Might be speculation mind. What do folks think about that prospect?
    Last edited by EthelRed; 24-04-2024 at 09:29 AM. Reason: missing text