+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: EFL League Two - 3 Teams Promoted & Play-off Places to Fight For.

EFL League Two - 3 Teams Promoted & Play-off Places to Fight For.

EFL League Two - 3 Teams Promoted & Play-off Places to Fight For.

One Game to Play Saturday 27th April

Pos .. Team ..................... PL ...... Agg ...... Pts
    01 ... Stockport County .... 45 ...... 49 ........ 92 Promoted Champions
    02 ... Mansfield Town ....... 45 ...... 43 ........ 85 Promoted
    03 ... Wrexham ............... 45 ...... 36 ........ 85 Promoted
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    04 ... MK Dons ................ 45 ...... 15 ........ 77 -- To play Sutton Utd ... [H]
    05 ... Doncaster Rovers .... 45 ...... 05 ........ 70 -- To play Gillingham ... [A]
    06 ... Crewe Alexandra ..... 45 ...... 04 ........ 70 -- To play Colchester .. . [A]
    07 ... Barrow ................... 45 ...... 06 ........ 68 -- To play Mansfield ... . [H]
    08 ... Crawley Town .......... 45 ...... 04 ........ 67 -- To play Grimsby T. ... [H]
    09 ... Bradford City ........... 45 ...... -1 ........ 66 -- To play Newport ....... [H]
    10 ... Walsall .................... 45 ...... 00 ....... 65 - - To play Wimbledon .. [A]

[ Bradford City & Walsall, clutching at straws, to get in play-offs ]

Form team Doncaster Rovers made it 10 wins on the trot tonight, with a 4-1
    win at Colchester United.
    Looking at Doncaster Rovers back in March 2024 & Now.

19th place - Played 36 games - Goals Agg -14 - With 43 points ... Tuesday 12th March

05th place - Played 45 games - Goals Agg 05 - With 70 points ... Tuesday 23rd April.

Already Promoted Sides, games 27th April.

Wrexham v Stockport County -------- Barrow v Mansfield Town.

From something call Oddschecker which might be familiar to some of our betting fraternity …

Doncaster Rovers have gone from 1000/1 to 3/1 for promotion in just over two months

10th February: 1000/1
    24th April: 3/1

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    From something call Oddschecker which might be familiar to some of our betting fraternity …

Doncaster Rovers have gone from 1000/1 to 3/1 for promotion in just over two months

10th February: 1000/1
    24th April: 3/1
    Does that throw suspicion on the manager and squad of players? We're they just faking it to get the odds up?

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Does that throw suspicion on the manager and squad of players? We're they just faking it to get the odds up?
    Well if I were a Donny fan I would be enjoying the moment but I’d also be asking why were they so bad and battling against relegation for most of the season.
    What was the problem

An amazing run,I thought our 8 wins in the early 80's was something special, but to ho from relegation fodder to the play offs is unbelievable.
    Good luck to them,no one will fancy playing them at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Well if I were a Donny fan I would be enjoying the moment but I’d also be asking why were they so bad and battling against relegation for most of the season.
    What was the problem
    Flour, same Manager same players apart from Adelakun and the added signings late on, a classic being Maxime Biamou the former Coventry City's forward.

When I saw how many players Grant McCann signed pre season, it was a no nonsense 'get em in early' approach, akin to Evo's set ups. Something told me to back them early but, for whatever reasons and injuries it all looked a waste of time. We fast forward, all their players are fit, additions brought in to strengthen the team and bang! lift off.

Take a look at Donny's set up, it's a proper close knit club with many old player attachments that understand the fabric of a small homely club.
    They've definitely got it right this season and good of them.

I thought manager McCann was cannon fodder after Christmas, & bound for the exit door,
    but he has turned the side into promotion hopeful's, which is no mean feat.
    I thought my £50 on em getting promotion @ 4/1 was money lost.

Hopefully they will get through the play-offs, & Woody & co enjoy a wembley win.

Quote Originally Posted by Ericsladkilnhurst View Post
    I thought manager McCann was cannon fodder after Christmas, & bound for the exit door,
    but he has turned the side into promotion hopeful's, which is no mean feat.
    I thought my £50 on em getting promotion @ 4/1 was money lost.

Hopefully they will get through the play-offs, & Woody & co enjoy a wembley win.
    Good luck pal it's still on.