+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Coventry v Hull…..

Coventry v Hull…..

A draw tonight is the best result we can hope for I believe as it would leave both of them needing to win their remaining games to get to 73 pints.

We sit on 72 points with a far superior goal difference and so in effect, we’d probably only need a point from our remaining games.

The next best result is a Coventry win as it would leave both them likely needibg to win all three remaining games and it would leave Hull out of the race due to their poor goal difference.

Cue a Hull win then!

Rather play Hull than Coventry in the playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    A draw tonight is the best result we can hope for I believe as it would leave both of them needing to win their remaining games to get to 73 pints.

We sit on 72 points with a far superior goal difference and so in effect, we’d probably only need a point from our remaining games.

The next best result is a Coventry win as it would leave both them likely needibg to win all three remaining games and it would leave Hull out of the race due to their poor goal difference.

Cue a Hull win then!
    I would have thought if either team won all of their games, we'd prefer that to be Hull because they can't catch us on GD (worth an extra point).

Coventry would have to make up 9 goals on us in 4 games, which is possible.

Also, as Dave says, I think I'd fancy us more against Hull than Coventry - in the final when we get there

Quote Originally Posted by WBA123 View Post
    I would have thought if either team won all of their games, we'd prefer that to be Hull because they can't catch us on GD (worth an extra point).

Coventry would have to make up 9 goals on us in 4 games, which is possible.

Also, as Dave says, I think I'd fancy us more against Hull than Coventry - in the final when we get there
    That’s not the case 123, both Cov and Hull can get to 75 points at this time if either win all of their matches, we only have 72 points at the moment.

I’m watching this game, notable for the dreadful referee!

Also, some poor goalkeeping. Two all, now.

3-2 to Hull nearing the end, the worst result for ourselves.

We need Ipswich to kill Hull off it we can’t do it ourselves.

Cov are finished with a loss.

One win needed now

Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post
    One win needed now

Let’s face it - if we can’t get 3 points from Sheffield or Preston we don’t deserve to be in the play offs. Wanting to be in the Premier and looking at results elsewhere - it’s pathetic!

Quote Originally Posted by baggieal View Post
    Let’s face it - if we can’t get 3 points from Sheffield or Preston we don’t deserve to be in the play offs. Wanting to be in the Premier and looking at results elsewhere - it’s pathetic!
    Yes I have to agree. I said few days ago this happened to forest few seasons ago..lost out last day of season when they only needed 3 points with 3 games to go.if we cock this up it will be bitterly disappointing, let’s not sugar coat it. It’s been a good season but I will be gutted if we fail to get into the playoffs..

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)