+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

View Poll Results: Do we migrate to a new message board?

Voters
35. You may not vote on this poll
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: MAD site not working...time to move poll>

I'm for stay at the moment.

DSG have told me that they suspect a ddos attack on their servers, in other words some scrote with a grudge or up to mischief. They’re working on it.

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    DSG have told me that they suspect a ddos attack on their servers, in other words some scrote with a grudge or up to mischief. They’re working on it.
    All sites can suffer problems. Does the current site have the technical support to keep /get it up and running? Would the “new” site have the technical support if the servers go down?
    How many different posters have we had in the last 12 months? The last time I looked we had had just 29 votes. We don’t appear to be a very dynamic site or else the vast majority have no idea about the proposal or don’t care.
    It is good to have an alternative in case the worst happens but I have voted to stay for now.
    60yap has announced that he will only be running his competition on the “new” site next season but that in itself may only split the posters.
    Any “new” site needs a different name and not NottsCountyMad or else that adds even more confusion.
    The best solution is surely that the existing site is well maintained. Does anybody here have the technical skills to help? Would help be accepted? What about all the other clubs Mad sites, do they have the same issues? Do we know how they feel about it? How many of them are active?

Quote Originally Posted by griff View Post
    I've looked them up: https://www.digitalsportsgroup.co.uk/

Their model doesn't seem very dynamic:

Digital Sports Group - Online Sports Media

2012 see's the Digital Sports Group entering into several exciting new areas and projects. Our relationship with the PFA (Professional Footballers Association) goes from strength to strength with its 3000 members and relauched Fans' Player of the Month awards.

Football.co.uk is now available on your phone through the development of mobile apps for the iPhone and Android platforms, with more handsets and other sports currently in production.

The Digital Sports Group continues to grow via social and viral networking with hundreds of thousands of users signed up to our feeds on Facebook, Twitter and Newsletters.

With many other exciting projects in the pipeline, The Digital Sports Group is establishing itself at the forefront of Sports Media, check back with us regularly to see whats new!

A tracert (tracking how a request gets to their server from my machine) shows it stopping at IP 149.6.146.218 but that could be for other reasons. Their other site, football.co.uk will not load and sticks at the same IP.

A whois query shows: "IP Address 185.35.251.60 - 208 other sites hosted on this server "

Feels to me a bit like a company that's past its sell by date.
    Last edited by Old_pie; 25-04-2024 at 08:15 AM. Reason: its

I say give it another couple of weeks. People returning after a while might not see sign posting for new site or trust it and ultimately I think quite a few users maybe lost.

I have voted to stay to hopefully avoid both sites being diluted, I honestly think that many will only move if this board dies completely so I've registered with the new one in case this happens.

I've registered with the new site and voted to move there but hopefully we move as a group. Splitting this mob would suck.

Sad to hear you're all having issues with the platform. In terms of reliability, there's always Reddit - https://www.reddit.com/r/NottsCounty/. Not sure who's moderator over there but it's about as future proofed as you'll get in the long term.

As mentioned above, this site's been a massive part of Notts fans' lives for a long time. I know I pretty much lived on here as a college student before taking it on for a year or so at university. However, it seems like forums in their current form are seeing less and less traffic - Reddit might provide a nice bridge for modern and legacy users.

I really like Reddit for non football stuff, never occurred to me to look for a Notts forum on there.

Mad has just about had it. It’s pretty much unusable on a phone with all the adverts even when it is working properly. I’ll sign up for the new site in a bit.

The issues do not seem to be a blip. There does not seem to be any way of contacting the owners to see what is going on. I am a little concerned that moving to the other site will create issues as could out of frying pan into the fire. I don't want to use 2 sites. However this one is clearly on the slide so on the balance of probability I think it is safer to move.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast