+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Slott to Liverpool - Minteh & the shocking track record of Dutch Managers in the Perm

Slott to Liverpool - Minteh & the shocking track record of Dutch Managers in the Perm

Ladies & Gent's how we doing?

I see the bin dips are sniffing around Arne Slott the Feyenoord manager who has tutored our sensational loanee winger Minteh.

With the complete incompetence of Ten Pence & Schhhhhteeeve McClown at the swamp Red FC in conjunction with this news of Slott's potential arrival at the Twok capital of Europe it got me to thinking about the success of Dutch managers in the Prem.

From recollection, there was the disastrous short tenure of Frank de Boer at Palace, Ronald Koeman flopping at Everton whilst spending truck loads of cash, the great and decorated Louis van Gaal's inability to make Man U a success with all the financial resources at his disposal. I'm sure there have been several others that slip my mind.

It strikes me that Dutch managers, have a certain attitude (like all Dutch, I have many many good friends from Rotterdam. I'm god father to my good mate Anthony's son) & those guys could argue in an empty room.

The levels the premier league are above the Dutch league coupled with the pressure of baying fans, the constant media attention & the player power in the dressing room it strikes me that Dutch management style doesn't translate well to the Prem.

I'd be delighted to see Slott flop at Liverpool & for the swamp dwellers to keep the Cowardly duo of Ten Pence and his boy in charge for the bulk of next season.

Strengthens our position to stake out top 4 claim!

What are your thoughts?

HWtLs!

It’s a good point. You forgot ‘our very own’ Ruud Gullit. The man who managed to fall out and drop a generationally talented striker and local legend.
    Gullit definitely had the attitude you described - I think he didn’t like Shearer because he was more popular and important than him at the club.

Saw this, made me wonder if we'd send him back there if manager leaves.

I suspect that even if he does move to LiVARpool he won't make a move for Minetah

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    It’s a good point. You forgot ‘our very own’ Ruud Gullit. The man who managed to fall out and drop a generationally talented striker and local legend.
    Gullit definitely had the attitude you described - I think he didn’t like Shearer because he was more popular and important than him at the club.
    hahaha OH yeah! I erased that disaster from my memory.

He was useless at Chelsea and then a complete train wreck for us!

It's the Dutch mentality. Like I said, they can argue in an empty room.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Saw this, made me wonder if we'd send him back there if manager leaves.

I suspect that even if he does move to LiVARpool he won't make a move for Minetah
    If Liverpool pony up with £60m for the lad then we'll take a 10x profit and huge amount of operating capital in the transfer market.

Looks like its done with a 9mill compensation package including add ons. I'd say thats them and Man U in the Dutch wilderness for a few seasons. Good chance for us.

With any luck, he'll be Liverpool's version of Moyes after Ferguson.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    With any luck, he'll be Liverpool's version of Moyes after Ferguson.
    Whoever follows Klopp will flop. It's how it goes with legacies. He's Dutch too so we're looking at a Ten Pence / Gullet clone. He's be sacked halfway through his 2nd season.

Quote Originally Posted by Ragatino View Post
    Whoever follows Klopp will flop. It's how it goes with legacies. He's Dutch too so we're looking at a Ten Pence / Gullet clone. He's be sacked halfway through his 2nd season.
    Would you give him that long?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)