+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast

Thread: Off season transfer rumours/potential signings

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    No doubt a bit like Matty Virtue-Thick. Struggled as a kid on loan for us in L2 but forges a career higher up the leagues than Notts.
    He was a weird player. I couldn't for the life of me work out how he was at Liverpool, or how he went on to play in L1. He looked like a clumsy school boy during his loan spell.

[QUOTE=slack_pie;40497717]He was a weird player. I couldn't for the life of me work out how he was at Liverpool, or how he went on to play in L1. He looked like a clumsy school boy during his loan spell.[/QUOTE

I think this is where we have gone wrong in the loan market. Picking up young players to play in key positions. IMO you want your keeper and central defenders to be experienced at the level you ask them to play.
    You could get away with a young full back, winger and even centre forward being raw and inconsistent.

Quote Originally Posted by slack_pie View Post
    He was a weird player. I couldn't for the life of me work out how he was at Liverpool, or how he went on to play in L1. He looked like a clumsy school boy during his loan spell.
    Probably because our style at the time didn't suit the style at Liverpool. Maybe these days he'd have fitted in far better and looked a better player. Hopefully with our modern possession based football it'll make us more attractive to the Premiership c;ubs to loan players to.

I think higher now on the list than even physicality is character. I think it hits home when you see how people and players talk about the likes of JOB and JB and when I look through what’s left I don’t see any massive characters sticking out. Feels to me we need a couple of very strong characters/leaders at CB and CM, probably players in their prime at around 27/28 and even though the model may more swing to younger players that can develop I think in this case we have to make an exception and even pay over the value if we need to instead of trying to find undervalued players.

Jack Nolan 22 year old Accy Stanley winger.?
    17 goals + 8 assists from 39 starts. Left footed player plays on RW.
    Out of contract but offered a new deal. Looked decent at ML & was their MOM at The Wham Stadium.
    Stanley also released Shaun Whalley and Sean McConville.
    Matt Smith 24 goals last season released by Salford City.
    To sum up the Shrewsbury FA Cup game , their hat-trick hero, Ryan Bowman, has been released after scoring just one goal in 37 league appearances!

Sorry * Whalley OOC but offered new deal.

Quote Originally Posted by SinceSept1959 View Post
    Sorry * Whalley OOC but offered new deal.

Kocper Lopata think hes at Barnsley now.

Can’t see Notts being in the market for a forward unless one is leaving. We have Macca, Jatta, Didzy, Scott and Morias. Obviously many of us wouldn’t be disappointed to see Morias leave unless he can get fit and actually be in contention.

Can’t see Notts being in the market for a forward unless one is leaving. We have Macca, Jatta, Didzy, Scott and Morias. Obviously many of us wouldn’t be disappointed to see Morias leave unless he can get fit and actually be in contention.
    They are all centre players, we could be looking for a proven RW.

Even in Langstaff leaves I think if we were to bring in a striker it needs to be someone young - content to learn and fight for their place.

Jatta absolutely can be a starter for us and I think Scott is going to have a belter if he stays fit. McGoldrick needs to be used more sparingly next season and I think he'd be best off in Crowley's role anyhow.

Page 6 of 17 FirstFirst ... 4567816 ... LastLast