How many new players do you think we need and in what positions.?

I've got a couple of thoughts/concerns about this.
Assuming Jim Goodwin is staying....

I think most would agree that Jim did a good job in a very short time to find the right players to get us promoted. (Loan players aside) But the Premiership is a whole different ball game and I think everyone would agree we need to seriously strengthen the starting 11.
So, again, if Jim is staying, where are these players going to come from? The Championship doesn't seem a fertile hunting ground at this time for players that will improve the side for next season.

So where? Relegated Livi might have a couple, no idea, so where?
If Ross Co or St Johnstone go down maybe one or two from them.

Surely players released by the lower Prem clubs won't improve us? (Unless Jim suddenly finds some Brian Clough magic all of a sudden). Players that we're interested in will often have options at Hearts Hibs Aberdeen before choosing us.

So where? And for me this is a big problem, we don't have a scouting network where we're identifying players down south, can't match most lower English league budgets and still have to persuade an interested player to move to Dundee.

So where else? Loans? Maybe that will solve part of the problem but at the end of the day we need a core of our own players. Jim seems to be saying he's already working on this so it's going to be interesting to see who his first signing is.

Thoughts?