+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Building a squad for the Premiership

Quote Originally Posted by Stoke_Arab View Post
    5 players there who are injury prone. Plus if we started those 10 in the Premiership I'm thinking we're in a relegation battle straight away. Just an opinion 😎
    I totally agree. Your opinion is spot on. I was just posting who I think JG will keep with things he has been documented on saying. Then again...... It's what you do, not what you say....

Quote Originally Posted by Yeats 62 View Post
    I totally agree. Your opinion is spot on. I was just posting who I think JG will keep with things he has been documented on saying. Then again...... It's what you do, not what you say....
    Cheers mate, said elsewhere I'm really worried that Goodwin thinks the core of this Championship side is good enough for the Prem.
    If he does I think we're donald ducked before we start.

I reckon if we could add 4 or longshot 5 genuine quality(SPL level) players to this squad then we'd be comfortably in the mid table, possible top 6,b and I'd take that for next year.

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that if this current squad is what we take into the Premier then numerous hammerings are certain.

Apart from the keeper, there is not one player I would be wanting to take into the Premier.

I'd be bending over backwards to sign Walton on a permanent contract.Out of the defence id keep Mcmann as hes had a fantastic season, in midfield I'd keep Sibbald and Docherty and up front I'd keep Moult and added to that I'd keep the youngsters Graham, Thompson and Kai. The rest of the team I'd not be fussed about losing. We need to aim high and get in plenty of bodies as there will be loads of players moving to the city of Dundee next season so who will they chose🤔......Us or them🤔.....

Quote Originally Posted by no1arabbelfast View Post
    There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that if this current squad is what we take into the Premier then numerous hammerings are certain.

Apart from the keeper, there is not one player I would be wanting to take into the Premier.
    But it won’t be the same squad. Of course there will be changes/additions coming in the summer. Having said that, it doesn’t necessarily require massive changes. One year on from barely scraping up through the play offs, in ‘97 Tommy McLean had us 3rd, qualified for Europe and also should have won the Scottish Cup. Yet that team still had the core of Perry, Malpas, Presley, Winters, McLaren, Bowman, McSwegan et al from the season before. It only needed the judicious addition of two or three (specifically the Scandinavians) to change them from play offs to Europe. The likes of Walton, Gallagher, Graham, Docherty, Moult, Watt, Sibbald, Fotheringham are absolutely more than capable of playing competitively in the Premiership. Three or four good quality additions will make a world of difference.

Quote Originally Posted by JamesMcClean View Post
    But it won’t be the same squad. Of course there will be changes/additions coming in the summer. Having said that, it doesn’t necessarily require massive changes. One year on from barely scraping up through the play offs, in ‘97 Tommy McLean had us 3rd, qualified for Europe and also should have won the Scottish Cup. Yet that team still had the core of Perry, Malpas, Presley, Winters, McLaren, Bowman, McSwegan et al from the season before. It only needed the judicious addition of two or three (specifically the Scandinavians) to change them from play offs to Europe. The likes of Walton, Gallagher, Graham, Docherty, Moult, Watt, Sibbald, Fotheringham are absolutely more than capable of playing competitively in the Premiership. Three or four good quality additions will make a world of difference.
    Tommy McLean though was a good manager who in games could change tactics, our current manager I don't think has the nous to do this. With TW in play can Goodwin be trusted to spend the kitty wisely, get emptied in October say, and then the next manager work with what has been inherited?

A squad without Birighitti will be a welcome boost,counting down the days till this c*nt is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by no1arabbelfast View Post

Why do you get so worked up over this after every game you see? It isn't going to happen. We built a team to win the Championship. We've done that. We'll now build a team to stay in the Premiership. Take a chill pill man.

Struggling to reply to this thread because we need anything from 7 to 15 depending on who we keep, and arguably more!

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)