+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: QPR - v - Leeds United *** Matchday Thread***

Quote Originally Posted by Rev72 View Post
    Anybody else wondering just what is the point with Piroe?

What a shocker!
    He is the least of the problems we will face if we fail (unsurprisingly) to qualify via the playoffs.

All those who had aspirations of Premiership time will go; Summerville, Rutter, Gnonto, Meslier (maybe), James, Gray (probably), Ampadu, Kamara, even Firpo (who has developed into quite the midfield provider) maybe a few others especially in the subs who will go to other Championship clubs willing to give them real game time. The 49ers have made it pretty obvious that ground improvements are conditional on promotion, so they will be put on hold (for how long, who knows). What player in their right mind would want to come to Leeds given this seasons disasterous finale and the reasons for it (ineffective manager, gutless players)?

Like I say, Piroes performance (or lack of) is just a very small sideshow.

Just noticed, their goalscorers included Chair, Field and Dykes, just slightly humorous?

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    He is the least of the problems we will face if we fail (unsurprisingly) to qualify via the playoffs.

All those who had aspirations of Premiership time will go; Summerville, Rutter, Gnonto, Meslier (maybe), James, Gray (probably), Ampadu, Kamara, even Firpo (who has developed into quite the midfield provider) maybe a few others especially in the subs who will go to other Championship clubs willing to give them real game time. The 49ers have made it pretty obvious that ground improvements are conditional on promotion, so they will be put on hold (for how long, who knows). What player in their right mind would want to come to Leeds given this seasons disasterous finale and the reasons for it (ineffective manager, gutless players)?

Like I say, Piroes performance (or lack of) is just a very small sideshow.
    Post 130

I pretty much said the same.

Be interesting to see what the 49ers next move(s) is because if as expected we don't go up it could take us back a good few seasons.

Post 130

I pretty much said the same.

Be interesting to see what the 49ers next move(s) is because if as expected we don't go up it could take us back a good few seasons.
    Yep, beat me to the punch! An if we're not promoted, there won't be any "next move".

Strange one hopey.

Problem now is next season we are probs gonna be losing , Gnonto , Summerville , Rutter , possibly Archie and a few others and no matter who we get in to replace them we are going to have a weaker side in a still strong division.

In a nutshell we needed promotion this season for all the above reasons.
    I think Gray can be convinced to stay on another season and possibly Rutter as he's still very hit and miss. Gnonto and Jimmy no chance.

Quote Originally Posted by jimmybn View Post
    I think Gray can be convinced to stay on another season and possibly Rutter as he's still very hit and miss. Gnonto and Jimmy no chance.
    All depends on who comes in for him and what they offer cos EVERY player has its price jimmy.

Got a feeling Archie will end up at Liverpool.

All depends on who comes in for him and what they offer cos EVERY player has its price jimmy.

Got a feeling Archie will end up at Liverpool.
    Better that than Scum or Schitty

Summerville will go not sure many top level clubs will take the Rutter gamble - he misses a lot of chances and looses the ball an awful lot.

Worst players on the pitch tonight for me were Rutter, Summerville, Rodon and Firpo.

Thought Piroe did okay with little service first half and Gnonto was the best player for us. A lot of very off colour though.

Quote Originally Posted by hopelesslyoptimistic View Post
    Summerville will go not sure many top level clubs will take the Rutter gamble - he misses a lot of chances and looses the ball an awful lot.

Worst players on the pitch tonight for me were Rutter, Summerville, Rodon and Firpo.

Thought Piroe did okay with little service first half and Gnonto was the best player for us. A lot of very off colour though.
    As said previously, didn't see the game, but these ratings would appear to differ, especially wrt to Piroe & Firpo.

https://motleedsnews.com/matchday/il...ratings-v-qpr/
    Last edited by WTF11; 26-04-2024 at 10:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Just noticed, their goalscorers included Chair, Field and Dykes, just slightly humorous?
    Dykes, chair and field.
    I’d pay good money for that

Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ... 41213141516 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)