Thought I'd share another of Lowfields amusing (to me) match reports.

Over the past few month the damp patches in the top bedroom at Loony Towers have slowly developed into full blown leaks.

While I was all for the 'Jane Eyre' solution to the problem, locking the door and never going up there again, Mrs LLP felt this wasn't the right approach (probably nervous I might do a Mr Rochester and entomb her up there too) and went for the significantly more expensive option of having the roof replaced.

All this meant that by Monday our Sky Dish had been surrounded by scaffolding, which hadn't seemed like a problem, until I sat down to watch the game and realised Sky Sport wasn’t working.

Worryingly my nephew seemed to be quite happy watching 'That's 90's', which for some reason was the only channel working, while trying and failing to come up with a Dan James chant to the tune of Scatman (Ski-Ba-Bop-Ba-Dop-Bop). Meanwhile I was going into melt down desperately charging Mrs LLP I-Pad and downloading Sky Go.

Thankfully, all was resolved in time for kick off, and it soon became apparent this was going to be a very different game to our recent cagey home encounters.

Despite having nothing to play for themselves, Middlesbrough were clearly determined to do all they could to derail our automatic promotion chances, as they flew into the tackles and went for the win.

It made for a frantic first half which got off to the worst possible start when, with only 7 mins on the clock, Gnonto was dispossessed, the resulting pass deflected away from Ampadu, Rodon and Meslier collided, before the ball popped out of a pile of bodies to Jones who stroked it into an empty net.

Given our recent lack of goals I was worried the opener might have been decisive but, unlike Sunderland and Blackburn, Boro were showing plenty of attacking intent as they pushed men up the pitch in search of a second.

With space for our attacking players to exploit we found ourselves level moments later, when a skilful and determined run by Rutter, cumulated in him being brought down for a penalty.

After the now familiar Bamford and Summerville, 'To me, to you' Chuckle Brothers penalty routine, Crysencio stepped forward to blast the spot kick beyond the despairing dive of the keeper.

It was a huge goal and with our tails now up it wasn't long before we bagged a second, when a wonderful Firpo cross caught the keeper in two minds and Bamford timed his run to perfection, before steering the ball home off his stomach.

I had hoped that that might be enough to kill off the homes teams resistance but they continued to snap into the tackles, this time catching Rutter in possession as he tried to play out from the back, before finding Café Latte who superbly smashed in the equaliser from range.

Thankfully there was still time in a chaotic opening period for us to regain the lead when the superb Archie Gray, once again putting in a performance that belied his tender years, drove through the heart of the Boro midfield, before finding Summerville who's through ball was lifted over the keeper and into the net by Gnonto.

Thankfully there was no VAR, or line drawing to dampen our joy, as we bounced around the front room.

Whilst Sky TV were loving the end to end play of the first half, Farke clearly wasn't and the second half saw us abandon our press, steadfastly refusing to engage the enemy until they were at the gates of our penalty area.

It made for a uncomfortable watch, as Middlesbrough dominated possession, but it looked like he'd got his tactics spot on when a sweeping move saw Firpo burst out of defence, interchange passes with Bamford, before setting up Summerville, who curled it like Cree into the right hand corner of the net.

With a two goal cushion established we were looking a whole lot more comfortable, and almost extended our lead further, but James and Summervile were unable to convert the chances that came their way.

My nephew was feeling so relaxed at this point he uttered the fateful word 'isn't it great to be back in 2nd place' at the exact moment a harmless looking long call was cleverly headed over a stranded Meslier by Milky Coffee.

It was a goal that sent my front room and our players into panic mode as Middlesbrough threw everyone, including their goalkeeper, forward in search of a winner.

I don't know if you've ever seen the film 'The Princess Bride' but in it they have a torture devise sucks years of the hero's his life away.

After sitting through the final minutes of Monday's game I now know exactly how Wesley 'The Dread Pirate Roberts' felt when strapped to that devise! Thankfully there was to be no late spirit crushing equaliser as we finally navigated our way to 90 points.

In the 2019/20 season Bielsa’s team won the Championship with 93 but unfortunately it doesn't feel like that will be enough to clinch second spot this time.

In ‘The Princess Bride’ there’s duel scene, in which the hero eventually prevails when he reveals he's been fighting using his weaker left hand, before switching to his right.

Now would be a good time for our team to switch to their stronger sword hand and finish the job they started in August!