+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Post Office Inquiry

Post Office Inquiry

The more I hear regarding this inquiry the more I am disgusted with the Post Office and those in senior positions. It is obvious when these individuals are being interrogated that they have lied through their ‘back teeth’, and are still doing so. Their apologies are meaningless and the only thing that they are sorry about is that they have been caught out. They have devastated lives and, in some cases, sent people to early graves.
    I only hope that they feel the full force of the law and end up behind bars. If not, I will lose all respect and confidence in our judicial system.

Totally agree! The more we hear, the more apparent the blatant disregard for the well being of those at the sharp end is by those at the top who put self interest above proper investigations. Given the consequences of their actions (or in -actions) a prison sentence would indeed seem just. But I won't hold my breath 😞

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    The more I hear regarding this inquiry the more I am disgusted with the Post Office and those in senior positions. It is obvious when these individuals are being interrogated that they have lied through their ‘back teeth’, and are still doing so. Their apologies are meaningless and the only thing that they are sorry about is that they have been caught out. They have devastated lives and, in some cases, sent people to early graves.
    I only hope that they feel the full force of the law and end up behind bars. If not, I will lose all respect and confidence in our judicial system.

The elite look after themselves. I have no legal background, but concerned that there's so much out there in the public domain that certain lawyers would argue that none of these nasties would receive a fair trial. Would be interested to see what other people on here think.

Quote Originally Posted by Lindenbaggie View Post
    The elite look after themselves. I have no legal background, but concerned that there's so much out there in the public domain that certain lawyers would argue that none of these nasties would receive a fair trial. Would be interested to see what other people on here think.
    Every single one of these Post Office managers and hierarchy have come across as completely arrogant f u c k wits, not one of them has done themselves any favours at all.

It’s indicative of a lot of senior and middle management I’ve seen during my working career, promoted over their ability due to factors such a nepotism, mates of mates, been seen to be the superior candidate due to educational background when they actually have zero personal skills or common sense and of course, good old “brown nosing”.

The fact there has been a public enquiry should have absolutely no effect on them being charged with perverting the course of justice and financial fraud.

It’s like saying that we knew Savile was a pervert but because there’s clips of him feeling up a kid on Top Of The Pops that he’s too well known to get a fair trial……he did himself a huge favour by dying, Paula Vennels and this horrible b I t c h who’s under scrutiny at the moment might make a judgement call and top themselves……we can only hope!

If I was in their shoes I’d be offering full contrition and admitting I’d got it hugely wrong.

I was always taught by my dad to hold up my hands if I f u c k e d up, he explained to me as a kid that the pain and the anger go away much quicker if if you own up.

None of these scumbags have realised this.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post
    Every single one of these Post Office managers and hierarchy have come across as completely arrogant f u c k wits, not one of them has done themselves any favours at all.

It’s indicative of a lot of senior and middle management I’ve seen during my working career, promoted over their ability due to factors such a nepotism, mates of mates, been seen to be the superior candidate due to educational background when they actually have zero personal skills or common sense and of course, good old “brown nosing”.

The fact there has been a public enquiry should have absolutely no effect on them being charged with perverting the course of justice and financial fraud.

It’s like saying that we knew Savile was a pervert but because there’s clips of him feeling up a kid on Top Of The Pops that he’s too well known to get a fair trial……he did himself a huge favour by dying, Paula Vennels and this horrible b I t c h who’s under scrutiny at the moment might make a judgement call and top themselves……we can only hope!

If I was in their shoes I’d be offering full contrition and admitting I’d got it hugely wrong.

I was always taught by my dad to hold up my hands if I f u c k e d up, he explained to me as a kid that the pain and the anger go away much quicker if if you own up.

None of these scumbags have realised this.

Totally agree! Trump thinks he should have immunity so in that case he could rape who he wants - what a k nob!

Anyone in a very senior position should be dealt with far more harshly than someone who is not in my opinion!

My dad also taught me there’s no such thing as a free lunch and don’t accept a penny or drink from anyone unless you do the same back! To this end, I follow this religiously and if anybody buys me anything - I note it and immediately return the favour!

My feeling is after all this, the "Post Office" business as it stands now will be dissolved and replaced by another state entity, which will probably mean that all those involved in the past shady dealings will get off scot free because those in authority will claim to have "done something"

What does it say about someone if they can let innocent people have a prison sentence to cover up a failed computer system?

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)