+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: work has started on new pitch

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    Did they mention what any repositioning would entail? Probably on surrounding areas? https://publications.fifa.com/en/foo...ounding-areas/
    Not sure, I just remember that in the statement they mentioned work would be carried out so we can host bigger events

Enjoyed watching this time-lapse video of Villa Park undergoing a similar process. Hope Notts are making one of these videos for us too.

Quote Originally Posted by hissingdwarf View Post
    I would move them to the Sirrel. I’d expect though the issue of space for a room with free tea, coffee and food might come into play. Most clubs, where the press are based have some sort of area for designated press so they can chat, drink etc…
    For the purpose of interviews etc I would have thought that they must stay in the Pavis.
    They won't be too happy if they get moved to the back behind any of those posts and in the gloom.
    You need to keep the press on board.
    Mind you I would move the Sky camera position to the the Sirrel and leave a bit more room for Notts' supporters.
    Last edited by 1955pie; 27-04-2024 at 10:38 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Enjoyed watching this time-lapse video of Villa Park undergoing a similar process. Hope Notts are making one of these videos for us too.
    Could you work out what formation they were playing? I reckon it was Backhoes 6 v 4 Trucks but the pitch invaders and first aid disrupted the flow a bit.

And where do you buy big boxes of auto-laying turf?

Very highly orchestrated project. Thanks for posting.

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Doesn't it need grass?
    Humus be kidding !

... for those who may have an interest, in previous seasons pitch improvements have taken place on the existing pitch, ie., within the white lines. This time, the whole playing area and perimeter is being replaced. This means that those who had ashes laid under the turf on the verge of the pitch may know/may not know that all has/have been removed. Aparently those where an ern was buried have been recovered but those where ashes only were buried has been removed ... I guess consigned to that great soil tip in the sky. Amen. I understand that, at one time in the past, groundstaff kept a plan of where ashes were buried together with a family name. I could imagine that this small piece of history has also disapeared on the wind. Amen to that too. ... a kind of onwards and upwards, I suppose. Amen.

I read they were doing the surrounding areas too. I always thought it’d be a better atmosphere with the pitch closer to the stands if possible…..would be one hell of a pitch if that was the case though, think it’d be well out of regulation size.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12