+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Why is it?

Why is it?

Why is it this club always, and has always, fallen at the last hurdle? Even going back to the Don Revie era where we should have won endless more trophies than we did…..1970 Chelsea where we battered them, lost, 1973 Sunderland where we outplayed them, lost, 1975 Bayern Munich outplayed them, got cheated, lost…the list goes on, failure in play offs, the Derby implosion, right through to this seasons failure, where we’ve had endless chances to wrap this promotion up but failed every time, Don got someone in to clear the gypsies curse, maybe this hierarchy should do the same, yes Don gave us some good times, but the disappointments were hard to get over, we had the Wilkinson title of 92 which was fleeting, as was the O’Leary venture into Europe, look how that all imploded, the Bielsa era, which included the Derby catastrophe, was short lived and we have ended up here today, another implosion from last night, and I genuinely can’t see us progressing any further, why is it that clubs like Brighton, Wolves, Palace etc can produce a team that stays in the premiership, why is it whoever is in charge at the helm and whoever is manager cannot produce what others can? Why is it that every team ups their game like QPR did last night? If they played like that all season they’d be top, why is it that sky constantly wrecks our routine? Why is it that referees constantly go against us? The 2 missed Sunderland penalties recently, when opposing fans sing “Leeds are falling apart again” it’s so sadly true, and why is it this club is so frustrating, embarrassing, annoying, depressing even? Why, why, why?

And how are you feeling today? 😁

Quote Originally Posted by Ozwhites View Post
    And how are you feeling today? 😁
    That result and shocking performance (and others recently) have properly ruined this weekend. Every time it happens I tell myself it doesn’t matter, it’s just football, I’m not going to be affected. But I feel really down, fed up and it has definitely ruined the weekend and maybe next week! I know there are lots of horrible things going on around the planet but this is Leeds and that team control my bloody happiness. It’s not right, I need to gerra life or get therapy or someat.

What a let down last night was ……..

No doubt about it that great Revie side were robbed on more than one occasion bent refs etc but that lot who played last night absolutely bottled it , you would have thought it was QPR going for promotion and us fighting relegation.

The anxiety of this season left me last night , why you may ask?...cos the season is done , Ipswich will not bottle it and you can be sure we will bottle the play-offs.

Such a shame cos we are in the championship for a while again now and personally , when I look back over the season , Farke being a stubborn tw@t when changes were obvious has played a major factor in the seasons failure.

Going to set my Alarm clock for the 1st game of next season.

Past, future ?
    Personally, the present is what i focus on.

Be an interesting "fly on the wall" listen at Farkes players meeting today at TA & hopefully he can boost up the confidence of our young squad to go for it again.

The wonderful vast Wembley turf hybrid-carpet ‘Lay & Play’ grass pitch will suit us, so hopefully we'll cover all 10x1.2 metres of its 720 rolls to clinch our PL place. 👍

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco_Totty View Post
    Past, future ?
    Personally, the present is what i focus on.

Be an interesting "fly on the wall" listen at Farkes players meeting today at TA & hopefully he can boost up the confidence of our young squad to go for it again.

The wonderful vast Wembley turf hybrid-carpet ‘Lay & Play’ grass pitch will suit us, so hopefully we'll cover all 10x1.2 metres of its 720 rolls to clinch our PL place. ��
    You may have overlooked the small issue of getting to the final at Wembley

Hmmm....which one of West Brom or Norwich does anyone think we can beat in our present form? 🙄

And even more depressing will be to lose to sides that are currently 18 points behind us! 😯

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    You may have overlooked the small issue of getting to the final at Wembley
    Neg head 😂

Amazing how clear & positive your mind can be after a 13c dip in the sea - invigorating !

Quote Originally Posted by Monaco_Totty View Post
    Neg head ��

Amazing how clear & positive your mind can be after a 13c dip in the sea - invigorating !

Was it nippy

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)